• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Philadelphia Radio PPM Ratings: August 2018

J

Jul

The August 2018 ratings, July 19 - August 15 2018

https://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb007

https://www.allaccess.com/nielsen#9

Any thoughts?
The September 2018 ratings (August 16 - September 12) will be out on 10/1/2018

My thoughts. i'm sick to my stomach that WPHT's numbers went up in share and cume in the book. I don't know why people listen to this GOP crap heap of a radio station. Every radio geek knows that 1210 AM sucks . I don't understand it. This makes me not wanting to listen to radio anymore. Anyway WBEB winds up in a shocking 4th place, WOGL has the top spot, WDAS-FM in 2nd and WMGK 3rd . WIP's share went up to 5.9 from 5.2. KYW went up to a 5.2 from a 4.5.

Last edited:
Talk about burying the lede. By far--like leaps and bounds--the most interesting thing about this book--the thing that catches your eye within a second of clicking the link--is that WBEB is in fourth place and has somehow slipped by more than a point. But instead we should focus on WPHT? No, no, no, no, no. (Also, none of this should make us sick to our stomachs. I am going to take a Valium and so should you.)

WBEB's cume is still monstrous so it's not time to panic ("START THE CHRISTMAS MUSIC!!!"). But seriously... Was there some kind of deal with the devil that expired upon the sale of the station? haha.

Last edited:

Any thoughts?

My thoughts. i'm sick to my stomach that WPHT's numbers went up in share and cume in the book. I don't know why people listen to this GOP crap heap of a radio station. Every radio geek knows that 1210 AM sucks . I don't understand it. This makes me not wanting to listen to radio anymore. Anyway WOGL has the top spot, WDAS-FM in 2nd and WMGK 3rd and surprise, WBEB was in 4th place in the latest book . WIP's share went up to 5.9 from 5.2. KYW went up to a 5.2 from a 4.5.

Well it took some time but you finally admitted why you hate 1210 but I figured that was the reason. Why don''t you keep WURD on all the time, more your cup of tea, you'll feel more comfortable there I'm sure...all the same.

Well it took some time but you finally admitted why you hate 1210 but I figured that was the reason. Why don''t you keep WURD on all the time, more your cup of tea, you'll feel more comfortable there I'm sure...all the same.

IF WURD had an adequate signal, I would listen to it more. Personally, I wished WURD was on 1210 AM instead of the garbage that's on there now.

IF WURD had an adequate signal, I would listen to it more. Personally, I wished WURD was on 1210 AM instead of the garbage that's on there now.

Funny, WURD spews the same crap, maybe more so as 1210 but to a different audience and culture but I guess you approve because its your deal...

Thoughts? Perhaps it’s good to be Entercom. Not so bad to be Beasley, either.

As for 1210....sick to your stomach? Melodramatic much? I can’t stand a single bit of it, nor strident left leaning talk. So I don’t listen much. Why would I be bothered someone else enjoys it?

Thoughts? Perhaps it’s good to be Entercom. Not so bad to be Beasley, either.

As for 1210....sick to your stomach? Melodramatic much? I can’t stand a single bit of it, nor strident left leaning talk. So I don’t listen much. Why would I be bothered someone else enjoys it?

Entercom and Beasley both look good overall even WBEN looks like it won’t be having a format change in the near future. And I believe that Entercom will soon own WBEB and Beasley for XTU. So thats even more good news

Any thoughts?

My thoughts. i'm sick to my stomach that WPHT's numbers went up in share and cume in the book. I don't know why people listen to this GOP crap heap of a radio station. Every radio geek knows that 1210 AM sucks . I don't understand it. This makes me not wanting to listen to radio anymore.

You do realize that the Philly radio market is 8 counties. Philly may be a blue county but, there is red out there in the other 7 counties including my county. There were a lot of Trump signs out my way during the last presidential election. Listen the the Great One, you may learn something about Constitutional law.

You do realize that the Philly radio market is 8 counties. Philly may be a blue county but, there is red out there in the other 7 counties including my county. There were a lot of Trump signs out my way during the last presidential election. Listen the the Great One, you may learn something about Constitutional law.

1210 is a dead radio station and every radio geek knows it. Its a shame that Entercom doesn't know it. I hope beasley or someone else will buy 1210 from Entercom.

1210 is a dead radio station and every radio geek knows it. Its a shame that Entercom doesn't know it. I hope beasley or someone else will buy 1210 from Entercom.

why is it dead..because you don't like it. I don't like it either--but that's not important. IT STILL MAKES MONEY AND THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS. It can't make the same revenue percentage that it did in the 1980/90s. From a business perspective, it's fine. E.N.D. o.f. S.T.O.R.Y.

why is it dead..because you don't like it. I don't like it either--but that's not important. IT STILL MAKES MONEY AND THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS. It can't make the same revenue percentage that it did in the 1980/90s. From a business perspective, it's fine. E.N.D. o.f. S.T.O.R.Y.

All the money in the world will not fix a broken radio station that hasn't been the same for 28 years and lost is relevance in the Philadelphia radio scene. Entercom should just give up on 1210 AM period.

All the money in the world will not fix a broken radio station that hasn't been the same for 28 years and lost is relevance in the Philadelphia radio scene. Entercom should just give up on 1210 AM period.

As long as it's profitable, they will keep on keeping on.

Do you think that McDonalds closes locations just because some have lower traffic and profits than others? No. They close a location only when all efforts to make it profitable fail.

Same thing, different business.

Just about anything that does stay the same for 28 years also loses its relevance. They are exactly what talk radio is today. What talk radio was 30 or so years ago has no, relevance. Zip. Nada. Nil.

What triggered the revival of these inane 1210 posts this time?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom