• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Seacoast oldies

92.1 Portsmouth? 97.1 is way stronger there. 92.1 is a rimshot whose signal is strongest in York and Stanford counties, and it can carry up to Portland as well (though it isn’t as clear as in Portsmouth). 97.1 covers eastern and central Rockinghan county and the southern portions of York/Stanford counties better.

Nope, 92.1 doesn’t make it to Portland anymore. 91.9 in Harpswell killed that years ago. York County in Maine and Strafford County in New Hampshire are the primary areas WXEX-FM Sanford reaches. Mount Hope has never done that signal justice. Any chance of that signal getting closer to a population center taking a reduction in height would best benefit it. Perhaps Wells or Ogunquit nearer to the Route One businesses Biddeford/Saco to Kittery as a real Maine radio station where it is actually located.

Last time I listened to 92.1.....they were WSME-FM (along with AM 1220.....)....they ID'd as Sanford.....running Drake-Chenault Hit Parade with a Shafer/Cetec 903 automation system.....
Uhhhh....am I dating myself here...???!!:confused:
OT....Does Mt. Hope still host the (originally) Channel 26 PBS transmitter (licensed to Biddeford)??

Nope, 92.1 doesn’t make it to Portland anymore. 91.9 in Harpswell killed that years ago. York County in Maine and Strafford County in New Hampshire are the primary areas WXEX-FM Sanford reaches. Mount Hope has never done that signal justice. Any chance of that signal getting closer to a population center taking a reduction in height would best benefit it. Perhaps Wells or Ogunquit nearer to the Route One businesses Biddeford/Saco to Kittery as a real Maine radio station where it is actually located.

HMmmm. I've received it on a Tecsun PL 390 in Freeport (92.1) IT was weak but there.

I liked when it was free-form/AAA WCDQ "Mt. Rialto Radio" a few decades ago.

Oh man! Yes I remember Mt Rialto radio...used to rent ski chalet with friends back in the 80’s and would lock this station in on the radio in my Bronco and listen every time up north....lots of Little Feat, Grateful Dead and Steely Dan...great little freeform station, some good on air talent had a laid back vibe.

I received it in Auburn in the parking lot of the now defunct WMEK (now The Wolf 99.9) /WLAM 1470 parking lot. I am speaking for the average listener and radio, not us geeks with $600.00 tuners and roof antennas that are nearly as much. :)

Channel 26 Biddeford is still alive and kicking on Mount Hope best of my knowledge. I am now in a different area and unable to confirm the particulars.

Seacoast Oldies is now Internet Only and 92.1/1540 is WFNX.

Are you sure about that? I don’t see it posted online anywhere.

Yes. I saw on TuneIn Radio that Seacoast Oldies was no longer there, and that it had gotten replaced by WFNX.

They should give some form of AC a try. The market lost its only AC two months ago and has been without a hot AC for 7 years!

The mystery deepens. The song playing display is stuck on "I Get Around." The player works, but sends out dead air after the introductory "Thank you for listening" spiel. We obviously need to locate someone in range of the station's OTA signal to provide clarity on just what is being transmitted.

I'm getting the same thing as well.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom