• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The future of 96.5 and 1210 AM

I heard that 96.5 was going to play Irv Homer on a continuous loop with Norwegian speed metal underneath. Have your tape deck ready.

The fact that you incessantly post about 1210 with the same illogical and repeatedly debunked arguments is pretty much the textbook definition of silliness. That silliness seems to have spread to sister stations in the cluster for whatever reason. That may provide some variety, but it remains silliness.

Just a thought: stop with the original silliness and some of the levity that follows will die off.

The fact that you incessantly post about 1210 with the same illogical and repeatedly debunked arguments is pretty much the textbook definition of silliness. That silliness seems to have spread to sister stations in the cluster for whatever reason. That may provide some variety, but it remains silliness.

Just a thought: stop with the original silliness and some of the levity that follows will die off.

well put.

Actually, I heard 1210 was going to flip to "Dictionary 1210", a new and bold format of a guy reading every word of the Merriam-Webster dictionary and giving us the definitions. It's the "defining" radio format...

I'll be here all day, folks.

I will say there are other people that I know agree with me that 1210 AM is not a good radio station and needs changes. All the money 1210 AM makes can't fix their tarnished image .

Yes. Based on the ratings, approximately 97% of Philadelphians agree with you.

But approximately 92% would agree with you if you asked their opinion of WBEB. So really WPHT is in good company.

I will say there are other people that I know agree with me that 1210 AM is not a good radio station and needs changes. All the money 1210 AM makes can't fix their tarnished image .

They don't program to you or the people you know. So they're OK with that.

Wholeheartedly agree. Same with one guy over on the NYC board demanding that failed dance station to come back. Frank?

Julius is a one note band. He is impervious to our comments. WE MUST IGNORE HIM. WE MUST NOT FEED THE TROLL.

Can we ban new threads from Jul about how mch he wants 1210 to change formats?

I think we have to ignore the silliness. I mean don't get me wrong: I'd love to see some banning...but where would we draw the line? Jul's posts can be frustrating but they are at least about radio. We have folks here who regularly veer off-topic into politics and constantly express only thinly-veiled racism at every possible turn. If I were running this thing, there's a couple folks who would be receiving warnings on the regular (and maybe they are). And there's one in particular who would definitely have been shown the door a long, long time ago. But I'm not running things so I choose (as best I can) to ignore the silliness. The racism is harder to ignore but it is what it is.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom