• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Magic 106.7 now has its first-ever 80s show

Remember the old "Back to the 80s Friday Night" that used to be on WBMX, and then later WODS, and then WROR and it disappeared? Well, it's now on Magic 106.7 on Saturday night instead of Friday night, hosted by none other than Joe Cortese. People seem to be happy about it, but it's definitely a sign of the station making some big changes, since they never really had anything like that on Magic before. I checked the tunein website and it didn't list the songs played, so I wonder if maybe the show is syndicated.

Remember the old "Back to the 80s Friday Night" that used to be on WBMX, and then later WODS, and then WROR and it disappeared? Well, it's now on Magic 106.7 on Saturday night instead of Friday night, hosted by none other than Joe Cortese. People seem to be happy about it, but it's definitely a sign of the station making some big changes, since they never really had anything like that on Magic before. I checked the tunein website and it didn't list the songs played, so I wonder if maybe the show is syndicated.

When was Back to the 80s ever on ROR? It was on WBMX for years before moving to WODS. When that flipped to AMP it moved to WODS HD2. Must have been brought back to HD1 now that WODS and Magic are sister stations.

@BostonRadio has said the show started on Mix 98.5 which moved to 104.1 with debut of Sports Hub.WROR had been 98.5's calls years ago before landing on 1150 and then 105.7.So while the show has been on 98.5 at the start, it was after the WROR calls and it never aired on what is now 105.7
Think I read Sat nites had been an edition of Bedtime Magic

"and you know this ... how?"

White people like MTV stuff from the '80's. Yes, they do.

Insert "some" in front of the sentence.

Many of us due to factors such as age, taste, burnout, don't like that 80's MTV "flavor".

When was Back to the 80s ever on ROR? It was on WBMX for years before moving to WODS. When that flipped to AMP it moved to WODS HD2. Must have been brought back to HD1 now that WODS and Magic are sister stations.

I've heard it on WODS HD2 even very recently. Haven't checked in the past few weeks, though.

Interesting shift, instead of messing with WODS, they're tweaking WMJX instead. I wonder if more changes are down the pike?

OK, the 10PM hour has been more adventurous, playing INXS, Billy Idol, the remix of In The Air Tonight and Super Freak just to name a few!

Has anyone contacted WMJX about when Back to the 80's Saturday Night will again be broadcast by the station? I sent them another message today.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom