• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Day Sequerra M4FM FM Modulation Monitor

Looking for opinions of the Day Sequerra M4FM FM Modulation monitor. Good performer? Highly accurate? I never used one, but am looking around at current mod monitors. Not much of a budget to work with here. What FM mod monitor gives you the most bang for your buck (analog only)? Happy with the Inovonics 531, but wondering if the M4FM supercedes it.

Looking for opinions of the Day Sequerra M4FM FM Modulation monitor. Good performer? Highly accurate? I never used one, but am looking around at current mod monitors. Not much of a budget to work with here. What FM mod monitor gives you the most bang for your buck (analog only)? Happy with the Inovonics 531, but wondering if the M4FM supercedes it.

Personal experience - I’d stay away from the M4FM. It is accurate and SNMP capability is nice to have, but I have had to reboot, reload firmware, etc., etc., more times than I can count.

Got a 531 (circa 2009) here....and LOVE it!!!
For MY $$$.....I'd sooner send my 531 to Inovonics for a re-calibration/overhaul...and keep a KNOWN quality piece of gear.....!!
Just my $.02.......;)

The new 531 offers streaming and multi-channel monitoring over the internet. As noted, it's also reliable, something I rarely hear about Day Sequerra.

I have a DS AM-HD monitor. POS.

The new 531 offers streaming and multi-channel monitoring over the internet. As noted, it's also reliable, something I rarely hear about Day Sequerra.

I have a DS AM-HD monitor. POS.

You will quickly regret purchasing the Day Sequerra unless using it for an expensive boat anchor...

I agree with the post above regarding recalibrating the Inovonics gear. Jim Wood/Inovonics builds good gear and supports what they build.

+1 on the Inovonics. I would avoid Day Sequerra, never had good luck with their gear. You might take a look at the Belar gear if you have the $$.

Garbage. Total garbage. Most economical modulation monitor: Inovonics 531. Most expensive, but capable: Belar

Has anyone used the Deva Broadcast mod monitors? Thoughts?

An FM I contract for has a DEVA. With the exception of a reboot or two it's been solid for the last two or three years we've had it. Lots of features for the price. Dead air and carrier loss notifications are quick and accurate via text message. No complaints.

I suspect the pop up ads are helping to pay the bills at RD. I've noticed them too, but will take a few pop ups in exchange for free access to RD.

Possibly, but they're inserted in the same members' posts, so it appears they're coming in from the outside.

Gone today though... Hmmmmm

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom