• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Tribune Media vs Sinclair

According to a news report by Robert Feder 3 weeks after Tribune Media terminated their deal with Sinclair Broadcast Group over the deal on WGN TV and Radio, now they are countersuing Tribune Media over the failed merger. So now it will be interesting to see who will win out this battle. Three weeks ago Tribune Media filed a $1 billion breach-of-contract lawsuit against Sinclair, and now it looks like Sinclair is returning the favor. Either case I don't believe Sinclair really wanted to own WGN Radio, and would have put WGN Radio up for sale had they completed the deal. Had the real competed according to the report by Robert Federal, they would have sold its 42 television stations, and would have given Sinclair control of 233 stations in total. If you want to read the full story go to http://www.robertfeder.com , and you will see the story on the top of the page, if you look tonight, as it is really hard to say if he will have any reports to publish tomorrow morning that I can't foresee right now. So it will be interesting to see how they two lawsuits will held up in court with both Tribune Media and Sinclair Broadcast Group sueing each other. But it looks like to me, is that Sinclair Broadcast Group is not going down without a fight, so it will be interesting to see how or even when this will all get settled.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom