wash on 103.7

Thread: wash on 103.7

wash on 103.7

I am receiving a strong signal on 103.7 tonight and its WASH from DC. I usually receive either WMGM or WXCY depending on my antenna direction, at times the WXHL repeator from Marlton. There is no tropo tonight, no unusual distant signals coming in, this signal is blasting in, so strong I cannot receive anything else on 103.7, strange. Could the translator in Marlton be relaying WASH for some unknown reason with a power upgrade. Its odd 97.1 is on the PSFS tower and also on 103.7 in Marlton and its WASH's frequency also..
    Last edited by Gunsmoke; 08-30-2018 at 12:39 AM.

As of today Reach is back on 103.7, last night was an odd occurrence.

I was hearing WTOP on 97.1 a few nights ago with tropo, but this is weird. I think the 103.7 translator and 97.1 were both airing DC stations. It had to be.
    Host on Rowan Radio 89.7 WGLS-FM

Radio DX'er- using Grundig Sat. 750, Tecsun PL-880

Did WSNJ's 99.9 FM translator ever complete the move to the WGLS/TV 61 tower, down in the Swedesboro area, from their AM tower in Carls Corner where their old FM 107.7 transmitter was. I still cannot receive them most of the time....

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsmoke View Post
    I am receiving a strong signal on 103.7 tonight and its WASH from DC. I usually receive either WMGM or WXCY depending on my antenna direction, at times the WXHL repeator from Marlton. There is no tropo tonight, no unusual distant signals coming in, this signal is blasting in, so strong I cannot receive anything else on 103.7, strange. Could the translator in Marlton be relaying WASH for some unknown reason with a power upgrade. Its odd 97.1 is on the PSFS tower and also on 103.7 in Marlton and its WASH's frequency also..

I'm going to guess that W279CN 103.7 Cherry Hill, NJ is fed over the air by W246AQ 97.1 Collingswood, NJ and with only 10 watts .. it would take much tropo at all for that translator on 97.1 to be wiped out by WASH. You're talking about 120 miles between WASH and 97.1 Collingswood, so thats not all that far at all.

Do FM radio streams ever get wiped out by tropo or E Skip?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Iannucci View Post
    Do FM radio streams ever get wiped out by tropo or E Skip?
    If the stream is fed by an FM radio and not something in the studio, yes.

Last night WASH was fighting with WMGM on 103.7, it was a wild night.