• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Steve Dahl vs Garry Meier

staggmovie

Star Participant
Could anybody imagine what the ratings would have been like if the knuckleheads at WGN Radio 720, first didn't demote him to the stream and then eventually canceled his show months later, and still on the air when WLS AM canceled Roe & Roepert and hired Steve Dahl to replace them on afternoon drive. I know that Garry Meier of course has his podcasts that keeps him busy that he does shorter shows on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and then longer Premium shows on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I have only heard the free shows as I have never paid a fee to get podcasts that you have to pay to listen to. Which of course I am sure it is a great way to bring in money as Steve Dahl did that with his podcasts before being hired at WLS AM.

Could anybody imagine what the ratings would have been like if the knuckleheads at WGN Radio 720

It's an AM station in 2018, so a 3 share is perhaps a bit generous.

Steve Dahl & Garry Meier? We might as well be talking about Wally Philips. At least Garry is able to handle a show by himself, unlike his former partner.

Dahl jumped the shark on July 12, 1979 (and he got most of the blame for that debacle, along with then-Sox owner Bill Veeck -- Meier went relatively unscathed). Their brief morning show on Channel 66 in 1983 was entertaining for a day or two, but that was about it for them actually being funny.

Steve Dahl & Garry Meier? We might as well be talking about Wally Philips. At least Garry is able to handle a show by himself, unlike his former partner.

Dahl jumped the shark on July 12, 1979 (and he got most of the blame for that debacle, along with then-Sox owner Bill Veeck -- Meier went relatively unscathed). Their brief morning show on Channel 66 in 1983 was entertaining for a day or two, but that was about it for them actually being funny.

I am not sure about Garry Meier is totaling handing his own show on his own, on his old WGN show he did have Elton Jim Turano, and Leslie Keiling joined then with traffic, and then news when they got demoted to the stream. And on his podcasts he does have only Leslie Keiling minus Jim Turano. I have never really listened to Steve Dahl on WLS AM, and i realize that this is almost his final full month on WLS AM. And I know his final show is scheduled for the 21st of this month, if I haven't listened by now then why should I start? I don't know why you want to talk about Wally Philips since 1 he is off the subject, and 2 he is dead. So what is there really to talk about him?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom