• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Subchannels from alternative sources?

anotherguyTN

Walk of Fame Participant
In playing around online last night I found out that Buzzr has a live stream channel on their website, and also a feed on Twitch, although it isn't the same as the live stream. I also found out that Comet has a Roku channel with their live feed. Are there any other OTA subchannels that are available with a live feed either from their website or on a service like Twitch? I know that several cable channels have live feeds on Roku, Fire TV, etc. if you're a cable subscriber, but I'm looking for ones that are available for everyone, even if they don't get it on cable. Thanks for any info.

The only subchannels I found on Roku are Comet, Tuff TV, Heartland, and Re'vn. Also, they have Arirang (subchannel here in LA, it's a Korean based English Channel), newsmax and some other news channels. Most are not that useful to me.
If you live in Los Angeles, San Francisco, or Phoenix, try localBTV.
They stream Antenna TV, Buzzr, Get TV, FNX and some other stations normally only with an antenna.

Thanks for the info. I found out about Heartland because of their picking up The Red Green Show and it was mentioned on their Twitch stream. I remembered seeing Tuff TV, but there wasn't much there I was interested in. I live in the Jackson, TN area, and Spectrum cable there carries Antenna TV, Bounce, Grit, and H&I.

That's not bad. I have Spectrum in So Cal and we didn't have MeTV for the longest time. Then MeTV bought a station in Los Angeles (KAZA Ch 54) and that brought it on our cable system. I miss Decades, now that it is moved off our CBS Affiliate.

That's not bad. I have Spectrum in So Cal and we didn't have MeTV for the longest time. Then MeTV bought a station in Los Angeles (KAZA Ch 54) and that brought it on our cable system. I miss Decades, now that it is moved off our CBS Affiliate.
I always thought Channel 20 in Los Angeles (actually Bishop CA, nowhere near Los Angeles) carried MeTV on KVME 20. I know DirecTV has carried it and now its H & I due to the KAZA purchase

I've ranted about this dozens of times before, but WBBJ in Jackson, TN only carries Me TV as filler for their CBS subchannel on 7.3 for about 3 or 4 hours a day when there is no CBS or local programming, and I doubt if they ever will do anything more. I really wish now that they would just fill in the remaining time with something local and drop Me TV completely so that another station like WJKT Fox 16 could possibly get it.

I've actually looked for possible other online sources like IPTV (Something I'm surprised isn't discussed more here) that might carry Me TV, but in most cases they either aren't carried at all or are dropped soon if they do show up somewhere, probably because Me TV puts a stop to it.

I had IVI TV and was able to view 4 MeTVs (Los Angeles, Seattle, Chicago, and New York) & 1 MeToo from WMEU-CD/WCIU-DT2. It cost $5 a month to see local broadcast TV in those markets. The government shut them down, it worked great!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom