• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Browns Game Coverage

Just wondering how the radio coverage of the Browns' games is heard in Cleveland (and northeast Ohio for that matter). I know they have the two FM stations in WKRK & WNCX and WKNR on AM. Is one of those easier to receive throughout the Greater Cleveland area or are they about equal? I know off to the south there should be good coverage with WAKR on AM and WONE on FM in Akron as well as WHBC AM & FM in Canton.

I have noticed that the radio network is smaller this season than in past years. Southwest Ohio now has no stations carrying the Browns' games and that is basically the case in both Northwest and Southeast Ohio. The closest here is late in the afternoon and up to around sunset when WKNR can sometimes be received.

At night, not all that far. WKNR really tucks its signal in to the west and KOA can be heard as close as 20 miles away. Not a flamethrower here in Ohio like it is farther west, but it's usually there.
WKNR blasts into Columbus on their day pattern but it is absolutely gone once they switch to the night signal.
Good signal northbound into Cleveland and beyond into Canada, and there is a lesser lobe that goes south toward Akron and Canton, but that's about it for them at night.

I have read that WKNR really does get a great daytime signal into Columbus. There is a time shortly before sunset where I can pick it up here in the northeast suburbs of Cincinnati and that lasts until they reduce power. I've picked up KOA here as well which came close to midnight.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom