• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Tim Conway

It also sounds from his condition like this has been going on awhile. Meantime, someone is posting to his Twitter account as Tim (as recently as a month ago), trying to convey the impression that he's as fine and funny as ever---and that's been going on a while, too. There's a post from 2016 with a photo of him, Bob Newhart and Steve Lawrence "These guys dropped by unannounced last night...now I have to count the silverware"---but the photo is from eight years before.

https://twitter.com/RealTimConway

It also sounds from his condition like this has been going on awhile. Meantime, someone is posting to his Twitter account as Tim (as recently as a month ago), trying to convey the impression that he's as fine and funny as ever---and that's been going on a while, too. There's a post from 2016 with a photo of him, Bob Newhart and Steve Lawrence "These guys dropped by unannounced last night...now I have to count the silverware"---but the photo is from eight years before.

https://twitter.com/RealTimConway

There are only two entries since April 2017 and they're both from last month. One of his people(family member?)might have found them among his stuff and posted them.

There are only two entries since April 2017 and they're both from last month. One of his people(family member?)might have found them among his stuff and posted them.

A lot of celebrity Twitter sites are run by management or a company that does social media for celebrities.

Last year was the broadcast of the 50th reunion of The Carol Burnett Show, which included Burnett, Vicki Lawrence, Dick Van Dyke, and I believe, Lyle Waggoner. Harvey Korman died in 2008. Conway was conspicuously absent, and the speculation at the time was dementia.

I found Rose Marie's Twitter account shortly before she died. It had mostly quotes from her and promoted her book "Hold the Roses"

Yes, but look at the most recent...from July 28, less than a month ago. "I'm surprised ABC hasn't asked for a revival of Turn-On, we only lasted one episode before being cancelled but the dozens of viewers were loyal."

And the one other from this year (July 25), intended to explain the long absence from Twitter: "Finally figured out the password to my Twitter account. Thanks @MelBrooks for loaning me a copy of Spaceballs. 12345."

First person, with the clear intent of making you think you're reading Tim. And if Tim's in the shape the court documents say he is, he wasn't writing that 30 days ago. The Burnett special taping that he missed was in October of last year.

Yes, but look at the most recent...from July 28, less than a month ago. "I'm surprised ABC hasn't asked for a revival of Turn-On, we only lasted one episode before being cancelled but the dozens of viewers were loyal."

And the one other from this year (July 25), intended to explain the long absence from Twitter: "Finally figured out the password to my Twitter account. Thanks @MelBrooks for loaning me a copy of Spaceballs. 12345."

First person, with the clear intent of making you think you're reading Tim. And if Tim's in the shape the court documents say he is, he wasn't writing that 30 days ago. The Burnett special taping that he missed was in October of last year.
It sounds to me like the style of the person making those posts is the same as the earlier ones, which leads me to believe that Tim wrote them down around April 2017 but didn't publish them, someone found them and posted them in July 2018.

It sounds to me like the style of the person making those posts is the same as the earlier ones, which leads me to believe that Tim wrote them down around April 2017 but didn't publish them, someone found them and posted them in July 2018.

Semoochie: There are a lot of people who can write in someone else's "voice". Most good show business/entertainment/broadcast writing is built on that skill.

its always about the money. One wonders where Jr. lines up on this. He offered a lot of on-air commentary on the Kasem matter, strangely silent now? He even had one of Kasem's daughters come in for a puff piece "interview" on her plight with stepmom. Let's see if he invites his sis in to dish on step mommy?

...or let's let the wonderfully great and talented man have some peace and respect and not give the tabloid crew the ammunition to play this private matter out in public. What happened to Casey was horrific enough to have had to watch every round online. Same with Glen Campbell.

I wish Tim Conway, Sr. the absolute best and hope and pray that Tim, Jr., is man enough to respect what really matters. His father.

He can certainly do whatever he wants. In today's world, it seems not only probable, but probably expected. I have never listened to "Jr." Seems like he could stay right up there with the world of today's mindless broadcastings schmucks by going for a few extra points in the ratings. But something tells me he will actually show restraint and respect. I probably will be wrong, TeaPartyDude. I just hope that I am not.

Gibbs I hope so too, but the current talent pool I s right out of the cesspool. There is no low they won’t wallow in in search of higher ratings. Pathetic.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom