• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Fuel on WBEN

CassChopper96

Star Participant
It really does seem like 95.7 Ben fm is playing an increasing amount of 90s Alternative lately. Sublime,Green Day, 311,weezer, No Doubt, Nirvana, The Cranberries, Oasis, Third eye blind, Foo fighters and Pearl Jam are almost being played several times daily. They been playing Shimmer by Fuel and Low by cracker which are both 90s alternative staples daily as well. Is this the new direction along with usual 80s and some soft rock music

Last edited:
It really does seem like 95.7 Ben fm is playing an increasing amount of 90s Alternative lately. Sublime,Green Day, 311,weezer, No Doubt, Nirvana, The Cranberries, Oasis, Third eye blind, Foo fighters and Pearl Jam are almost being played several times daily. They been playing Shimmer by Fuel and Low by cracker which are both 90s alternative staples daily as well. Is this the new direction along with usual 80s and some soft rock music

They were for a brief while, sounding like they were drifting into "Classic Alt" territory, especially on their "Throwback Thursdays." I remember them dusting off "Freak of the Week" by Marvelous 3 and "Open Up Your Eyes" by Tonic. Then they seemed to take a hard turn back into the 80s to go head to head against WOGL.

That being said... Fuel doesn't seem like too much of a stretch for them. Both "Shimmer" and "Hemorrhage" were big hits. Out of your list, the only ones that stand out a bit to me would be 311 and Cracker. The rest seem to fit right in. (And even 311 could get regular play of "Amber" or "Love Song"

BEN has always been a little more unique in terms of the "Adult Hits" stations.

I would gladly welcome a 90s or "classic alt" format in the city, 1045 is apparently targeting the younger demo so they will move further and further from anything 90s that isn't 100% pure gold WMMR touches it also but is really all over the place with all and anything rock would love a station that sounds similar to SuriusXM Lithium with even s little more span hitting on some 80s and early 2000s, highly unlikely but I do believe there is a demo sitting out there who are products of the WDRE/Y100 era who fit right into that and aren't getting their fix from the current options on the dial. From people my age I know personally there are quite a few who agree with this, I believe it's an over looked statistic that is maybe unique to the philly market. This is of course all my own speculation and I have no numbers or facts to prove it, only my personal experiences and conversations with others

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom