Federal Budget for FY2019 proposes shut-down of WWV, WWVH - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: Federal Budget for FY2019 proposes shut-down of WWV, WWVH

  1. #11
    C Crane is now circulating a pair of petitions to try and save these stations.

    https://news.ccrane.com/2018/09/07/i...+WWVH+%26+WWVB!

  2. #12
    WWV actually provides something useful. Perhaps this is a OMB attempt to get a cut where it is needed, out of CPB and retaining WWV in return.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by umfan View Post
    WWV actually provides something useful. Perhaps this is a OMB attempt to get a cut where it is needed, out of CPB and retaining WWV in return.
    In fact, put CPB in charge of it...they'll do it better and more efficiently.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    In fact, put CPB in charge of it...they'll do it better and more efficiently.
    Or they'll insert Trump-bashing editorials in between the time tones.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by FreddyE1977 View Post
    Or they'll insert Trump-bashing editorials in between the time tones.
    They never bash Trump or any other Republicans. In fact their CEO is a Republican.

    Here's the NPR story about the possible closing of WWV:

    https://www.npr.org/2018/08/25/64183...or-your-clocks

    I doubt any other news organization covered it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




     
Our Conferences
Useful Contacts
Community


Contact Us