• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

West palm beach radio

adambaer2879

New Participating Member
Does anyone think west palm beach will get an alternative station again? The gater skewed in the past 2 years back to classic rock, and we only have the shark which signal is great if you are south of southern Blvd but is awful north of it or 94.3 hd2 which isn’t bad but u need an hd radio and I am not sure of their ratings.

Doubtful it’ll show up on a major metro signal. Maybe a translator at some point. 93.5 the Bar would have been a perfect candidate for the WSVU FM translator...but the Bar was not designed to be sold to advertisers as a WPB station

Remember that the Buzz showed awful ratings the past half decade of its life...partially due to meddling by CBS Radio corporate...partially due to a market that really no longer has the demographics to maintain a full market alt rocker. 92.1 Planet Radio, while getting decent ratings in the “beauty contest” numbers during the early 00’s, couldn’t sell it in a market known for its elderly population.

104.3’s signal is pretty good in Palm Beach County. While it’s not great in Jupiter, it comes in like a local from West Palm south to Boca. In fact, 104.3’s signal is far better than 95.3 The Bar’s signal was in nearly all of PBC.

Scott how good are the sharks ratings in palm beach county, and yes it covers most of it well, but I still think we need wzzr to flip, their ratings stinks, same with 92.1. They are worse than all other radio stations in palm beach

Scott how good are the sharks ratings in palm beach county, and yes it covers most of it well, but I still think we need wzzr to flip, their ratings stinks, same with 92.1. They are worse than all other radio stations in palm beach

It has averaged a 12+ of about 1.3 over the last year in the WPB market.

The signal is minimal. The 70 dbu stops just north of Boca Raton, and the 60 dbu does not make it to WPB itself.

Miami MSA stations really don't sell anything in the WPB market (the Miami MSA is over 3 times larger in population) so it really does not matter, commercially, how they do there.

If there was a station to flip to alternative or even active rock, it’d be WCZR/WZZR. My guess is it would be similar formats to now with rock on in the evening from 7 until 6am.

It would not be the first time the idea has been tried out...

I hate to say it, but unless someone wants to pickup a translator and lease an HD sub channel out, I don’t think alternative will return. My recommendation is invest in a good antenna to ensure 104.3 reception.

That being said, everybody on the SoFla board (including many of the regulars, myself, and Senor Eduardo) all said rock was dead in Miami —and out of left field comes The Shark. So stranger things have happened

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom