What's up with Y100's ratings these days? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's up with Y100's ratings these days?

I have not looked at the Y-100 playlist. I assume most of the station is syndicated, and follows programming from the corporate level. 97.3 (All of the Cox stations) probably is more in tune with the CHR/Rhythmic market. Beach 102.7 had to make the changes. Power 96 will need to keep up with the pace or lose market share (if it hasn't done so).
    WLYB FM
    96.3 Demopolis AL.
    100.5 Meridian Mississippi.

WRYC FM
    92.5 Frisco City/Monroeville

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Groove1670 View Post
    I have not looked at the Y-100 playlist. I assume most of the station is syndicated, and follows programming from the corporate level. 97.3 (All of the Cox stations) probably is more in tune with the CHR/Rhythmic market. Beach 102.7 had to make the changes. Power 96 will need to keep up with the pace or lose market share (if it hasn't done so).
    Y-100 does use some iHeart shows, but those products are not traditional full-length syndication products. They are generally delivered in work parts, which are assembled with the station's own music lists, local news (if any), traffic, weather, spots, etc. The final on-air product is run off the station's digital storage system, not off a "network".
    Last edited by DavidEduardo; 08-26-2018 at 06:37 PM.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEduardo View Post

Y-100 does use some iHeart shows, but those products are not traditional full-length syndication products. They are generally delivered in work parts, which are assembled with the station's own music lists, local news (if any), traffic, weather, spots, etc. The final on-air product is run off the station's digital storage system, not off a "network".
    I'm familiar with the work part set up. I meant a actual local body in the studio. As I said, how much control is allowed locally to schedule that final on air product on that digital storage system.
    WLYB FM
    96.3 Demopolis AL.
    100.5 Meridian Mississippi.

WRYC FM
    92.5 Frisco City/Monroeville

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12