WCBS 880 new logo, branding and music - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WCBS 880 new logo, branding and music

Shure SM7B microphones abound. Pronounced absence of EV-RE20.

Quote Originally Posted by Kemosabe View Post
    Visually, the new logo somehow conjures up images of jellybeans for me—which I don't particularly like.
    The new logo doesn't look jellybeanish to me.

ixna

Quote Originally Posted by Yabadabado1 View Post
    I noticed the new music. I kept running outside to look for the ice cream truck.
    If you're talking about the video that AMRocks linked, *that* new music dosen't sound at all ice creamish. The traffic sounder does, though, better IMO than the previous traffic sounder.

ixnay

I'll be honest. I find it to be nondescript and not all that memorable. I get that unlike their TV news counterparts, there isn't a "look" to update every few years, but this stuff doesn't feel all that linked to the 880 "brand". I also miss the old traffic hit, because it was distinctive, and you could catch it when you were flipping to the station on the 8's to hear the traffic report (we won't talk about how it feels more city-centric than it used to, even at rush hour).

I just want to say that the new logo for WCBS-AM is excellent, and it does resembles the old logo from back in the "Newsradio 88" days from the late 80's and the 1990's, And it was a throwback to the original format from back in the 1980's. Great job Entercom for bringing the original name back to where it was since it was last used since the 1990's.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    Wow...that's a big deal. Truthfully, the Mets haven't been the boom iHeart expected for WOR. Even when the team was super hot, the station got around a 2 share.

WCBS has a better signal. However, they got complaints when they had the Yankees that the games interrupted the news coverage. It's a break in format. Plus the games are not allowed to be streamed. So they still had to staff the newsroom while the games were on. But I guess they've decided that WINS will be the primary news station.
    This has been speculated for a long time. The Mets will be going to WCBS-AM next year. The Mets has not been doing well on WOR-AM in the last 5 years.

I listened to the "Subway Series" during the last two months when it's on WROW's "Magic 590/100.5" where they still carrying the Mets from WOR-AM and it's streaming on albanymagic.com and it's loud and clear. I have airchecks from the "Subway Series" in my collection, but I hope WROW should keep the Mets for next season. WBWZ's "Z93" also carries the Mets, but I hope that my rumor is that WGNY-FM's "Fox Oldies" and WJGK's "The Fox" will be carrying the Mets next season if the contract from WOR-AM expires as well as iHeart's "Z93", the Mets will move to WGNY-FM at 98.9 and WJGK at 103.1 while WGNY-AM at 1220 and 105.3 will still carrying the Yankees as well. This will consider a move to put the Mets on both 98.9 and 103.1 for the forseable future.

Quote Originally Posted by Musicradio77Network View Post
    This has been speculated for a long time. The Mets will be going to WCBS-AM next year. The Mets has not been doing well on WOR-AM in the last 5 years.

I listened to the "Subway Series" during the last two months when it's on WROW's "Magic 590/100.5" where they still carrying the Mets from WOR-AM and it's streaming on albanymagic.com and it's loud and clear. I have airchecks from the "Subway Series" in my collection, but I hope WROW should keep the Mets for next season. WBWZ's "Z93" also carries the Mets, but I hope that my rumor is that WGNY-FM's "Fox Oldies" and WJGK's "The Fox" will be carrying the Mets next season if the contract from WOR-AM expires as well as iHeart's "Z93", the Mets will move to WGNY-FM at 98.9 and WJGK at 103.1 while WGNY-AM at 1220 and 105.3 will still carrying the Yankees as well. This will consider a move to put the Mets on both 98.9 and 103.1 for the forseable future.
    Did the Mets use the blowtorch signal of WFAN as an excuse not to build out their network, and if so, why didn't they add stations after the jump to WOR? Connecticut is virtually dead to the Mets at night now, and truth be told, not too great during the day, given WOR's signal limitations out this way. The Yankees, on the other hand, still have good coverage in Connecticut, including redundant WICC Bridgeport in an area that gets WFAN loud and clear 24 hours a day.

Quote Originally Posted by CTListener View Post
    Connecticut is virtually dead to the Mets at night now, and truth be told, not too great during the day, given WOR's signal limitations out this way.
    Was there a noticeable change in your part of CT after WOR moved its towers?
    Plugged into the electric radio

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12