• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KCBQ moving to FM?

mr_arbitron

Frequent Participant
Starting yesterday morning, KCBQ has been running promos all day saying they are moving to FM. Anybody have any info on this? Will it include
it's religious counterpart?

I would think they would want to get back on Arbitron, err Nielsen first

Their Facebook page is titled "The Answer San Diego FM 96.1 and AM 1170." And the logo says "96.1 North County." Salem probably wanted a translator up there because 1170's signal has been poor in North County ever since they went 50kw directional many decades ago.

Maybe Bartell will buy KCBQ and move the station back to Santee?!

Their Facebook page is titled "The Answer San Diego FM 96.1 and AM 1170." And the logo says "96.1 North County." Salem probably wanted a translator up there because 1170's signal has been poor in North County ever since they went 50kw directional many decades ago.

What was 96.1 prior to this?

KYDO, Air 1 is on 96.1 right now. Rarity isn't it? If this is true, Salem is buying out an EMF station. Hell is freezing over!

Or, as mentioned earlier, it could be a new translator in North County. KYDO Air 1 from Campo is inaudible in North County.

Radio-Locator.com coordinates put this signal on the same mountain used for decades by the old 102.1 (before they moved to Soledad). It also states CP is directional. I'm assuming they have to protect KYDO's 700w 96.1 booster on Mt. San Miguel about 30 miles south. I'm also assuming E.M.F. doesn't care too much, because Air 1 already covers North County via the Class A 92.1. If either of those assumptions is wrong, please let me know.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom