BeeZee in Meffa - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BeeZee in Meffa

Quote Originally Posted by QED View Post
    on a portion of the 8-acre site in Allston
    Well I will assume ( and probably be criticized for it because I am not stating a fact) that this will be the end for the WBZ-A Aux / Backup transmitter in Allston

Quote Originally Posted by MRBIboredop View Post
    Well I will assume ( and probably be criticized for it because I am not stating a fact) that this will be the end for the WBZ-A Aux / Backup transmitter in Allston
    You are probably right. CBS probably would have let the tower stay on their property, but the new owners will likely want it gone as soon as possible. Antennas and towers seem to be hated by many folks - and this one is AM - just so "50's"... Not unlike the owner of the Waltham building where the WMEX towers were located preferring to spend the money to have them torn down, instead of agreeing to a modest rental price. Of course, someone might get the idea to use the tower as a promotional gimmick for the new development - such as "Boston Landing at the Tower"...

Quote Originally Posted by channel99 View Post
    CBS probably would have let the tower stay on their property, but the new owners will likely want it gone as soon as possible.
    My theory is the new owners will want rent, and they'll price it in such a way that iHeart won't want to pay it.

[QUOTE=TheBigA;6220143]My theory is the new owners will want rent, and they'll price it in such a way that iHeart won't want to pay it.[/QUOTE}

There is plenty of tradition, but realistically it's only a backup, and the likely solid-state modular primary transmitter in Hull shouldn't fail often or need long downtime for maintenance. iHeart, not a big spender, will probably just expect any Hull tower work to be done by the engineers in the wee hours...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123