• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Viva Radio WWCO 1240 Waterury

MarcB

Walk of Fame Participant
It's been 5 or 6 months since WWCO flipped from a simulcast of WDRC 1360 to a simulcast of Viva Radio WRYM 840/107.3. The FCC's database still shows WWCO as being owned by Connoisseur Media. I could've sworn Trignition Media (owner of WRYM) was buying WWCO. Anyone know when the sale is going to close and when is WWCO's FM translator signing on?

Isn't West Peak a better location for Viva? It was my understanding that Central Connecticut had a greater concentration of Hispanics than the Naugatuck Valley. Also, WWCO's tower is as low as you can be in that area--great location for AM right by the river, but not so great for FM.

Isn't West Peak a better location for Viva? It was my understanding that Central Connecticut had a greater concentration of Hispanics than the Naugatuck Valley. Also, WWCO's tower is as low as you can be in that area--great location for AM right by the river, but not so great for FM.

Would the translator reach Hartford from either location? West Peak would cover a major Hispanic market in Meriden -- which now won't be getting much of a signal, if any -- and there are some in Middletown (little Middlefield is lily white, though), but there's not much potential in Southington, Berlin, Cheshire and Wallingford. Wallingford has a small Mexican community, but the tropical-leaning mix offered by Viva would hold little appeal.

Would the translator reach Hartford from either location? West Peak would cover a major Hispanic market in Meriden -- which now won't be getting much of a signal, if any -- and there are some in Middletown (little Middlefield is lily white, though), but there's not much potential in Southington, Berlin, Cheshire and Wallingford. Wallingford has a small Mexican community, but the tropical-leaning mix offered by Viva would hold little appeal.

I don't think VIVA needs to worry about the new 106.3 translator covering Hartford because they're already serving Hartford on 107.3.

Mike - Marc is correct when he says the 107.3 translator for their New Britain station covers the Hartford area. I've heard it. Regarding the location of the WWCO tower, I'm assuming they will put the translator's antenna near the top of the 481-foot stick, and will be enough to cover Waterbury.

What I'd like to know is related to a tower recently put up in New Britain. You see it east of South Main Street, north of South Street and immediately west of CT Route 9, close to Exit 25 (Ellis Street). Perhaps it's for a religious station of some sort? It was put up earlier this year. It would be adjacent to CT Route 9 South (on the right) in this Google Maps link.

https://goo.gl/maps/tWWAbfpK7mVuxZeUA

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom