• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KXEZ off the air

tested

Frequent Participant
I noted this afternoon that 92.1 KXEZ is off the air. Curious if Saturday's weather might be a reason.

I don't know. I logged into the station and saw that the automation was running just as it should, so I sent an sos to the engineer... I was not told what happened (he reports straight to the owner)

Probably a power outage at the tower site.

Probably. That's the problem with tower sites in growing rural communities. Storms and construction are some of the biggest factors to a station being on or off the air. I can't tell you how many times we've had lines (power, telephone, internet, et at) cut near KHYI's tower that took us off the air sometimes for days while the lines were repaired.

At one station station I worked the area went from farms along a narrow two lane rural road to luxury homes starting in the low 300s and a Super Walmart where the 4 way stop used to be. There were way too many times the power was off or the point to point line with the phone company was severed by a construction company. It was a very frustrating time indeed.

Yes it's back on the air. It was just unusual to not hear it that day. I figured it was weather-related and it must have been.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom