• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Finally a client for KYND?

Mediafrog+

Walk of Fame Participant
At a 7:15pm check Thursday evening I found KYND running Sangeet Radio, which has been on KBRZ 1460 AM for several years as well as 95.1 FM. They were still announcing the 1460 frequency (and not 1520.) I did not hear KBRZ on 1460, as they are either off the air, or are being buried in critical hours skywave--I was getting Vietnamese programming, presumably from KCLE in the DFW area.

So has Bill Turner finally found a client for KYND? Sangeet Radio is still on 95.1, BTW.

KYND is still running Sangeet Radio as of Saturday morning. Sangeet also continues on 1460 and 95.1. Is KYND trying to poach them from KBRZ? The 1520 signal is by far the best of the two AMs. If a switch were to happen, K236AR would have to redesignate its primary station in order to continue the current programming on 95.1.

Bill Turner, care to fill us in?

Is KYND trying to poach them from KBRZ? The 1520 signal is by far the best of the two AMs.
The AM is only there as a parent station. I highly doubt they care much about their AM coverage since etheir big sell is the FM station.

Looks like KYND is having potential clients test drive the station's signal. It might be cheaper for Sangeet Radio to lease the 1520 daytime only signal than the lower-powered fulltime signal on 1460. Since most of the listening is on FM, it's a cheaper "parent station" option.

Haven’t heard KYND on the air the past couple of days during morning and evening checks. Sangeet test drive over?

KYND appears to be silent now...have not heard it during morning and evening checks the past week. Or perhaps an extremely reduced schedule.

Wonder if there have been any nibbles on the sale of the station?

Still hearing nothing out of KYND more than a week after my last post. Gone completely? Assume the owners are still trying to sell. Bill Turner update?

Update: Heard KYND late this afternoon running the client appeal loop. First time i’ve caught them on the air in at least five weeks.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom