• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WCPT's obsession with Bubba Burgers

Besides me, has anybody else noticed lately that WCPT that is one of the radio stations, that are at the bottom of the barrel for ratings for weekdays, seems to have an obsession with Bubba Burgers. I assume that they are a new sponsor, and it seems like the people even particular on weekday mornings always without fail mentions Bubba Burgers. Yes I am aware that they air more syndicated talk shows, with really 1 local weekday talk show, but if you tune in for a local news cast, you will hear Amanda, I know what where last name is, but I can't spell it that is on weekday mornings on a regular basis, will make a mention of them, even through of course from my understanding that the local newscasts don't originate from their radio stations, I don' listen to the station all day, and like who does have time to listen to a radio station all day, but I assume that everybody that is heard their doing the local news promotes them, as would have to imagine that Ben Joravsky has to run a promo for them as well when he is on the air.

Moot Point

Besides me, has anybody else noticed lately that WCPT that is one of the radio stations, that are at the bottom of the barrel for ratings for weekdays, seems to have an obsession with Bubba Burgers.

With the demise of USTN (their news and traffic provider), you won't be hearing about Bubba any more.

FWIW, until this past Friday, Ben Jarovsky's news/traffic gal was live and in-studio with him.

RR

With the demise of USTN (their news and traffic provider), you won't be hearing about Bubba any more.

FWIW, until this past Friday, Ben Jarovsky's news/traffic gal was live and in-studio with him.

RR

You also have to keep in mind, that I wrote my post about their obsession with Bubba Burgers prior to the demise of USTN that of course is the ones that you hear that does the local news and traffic reports. Has WCPT announced what they are going to do about replacing them, as I am sure that they will always still want to have live local news during the week.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom