• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

New giggle girl at KYW3

Oh no, an upbeat personality. The horror.

What is this world coming to?

There's a BIG difference between upbeat and downright immature giggling. KYW3 is a disgrace to whatever is left of the profession of journalism.

And get off my lawn. ;)

It's morning news. It's not 60 Minutes.

And those morning shows on TV are really "magazine" shows, not newscasts. They are supposed to be a blend of fun, fluff, news, and trivia.

And those morning shows on TV are really "magazine" shows, not newscasts. They are supposed to be a blend of fun, fluff, news, and trivia.

Then they should take the word "News" out of the show title. That also goes for the evening and eleven PM garbage. Ukee using the term "Family" is very offensive. The promos are even more insulting. I know...I know...so don't watch.

btw:The reason I catch some of this garbage is I usually tune in with less than a minute to go for CBS This Morning and Steven Colbert.

Family is offensive? Oh brother.

They have no need to take the word "news" out of anything. They deliver news. You may have some rather deep issue with the delivery--so be it. They're not there to cater to you...or me...or any individual. They (as a general and collective term) deliver a product a good number of people choose, for their own reasons, to consume.

And if catching less than a minute of an evening newscast is causing that much angst, you might be well served to think your priorities.

Family is offensive? Oh brother.

They have no need to take the word "news" out of anything. They deliver news. You may have some rather deep issue with the delivery--so be it. They're not there to cater to you...or me...or any individual. They (as a general and collective term) deliver a product a good number of people choose, for their own reasons, to consume.

And if catching less than a minute of an evening newscast is causing that much angst, you might be well served to think your priorities.

I should have mentioned that I did watch at least a half-hour of the morning garbage before making up my mind. Same thing goes with the evening trash.

Yes,the term "family": is highly offensive when it's used in a commercial context. It's bad enough when advertisers do it but something that is supposed t be news??? No way.

I'm sure it doesn't surprise you that I'm a curmudgeon. Your comment "And get off my lawn" was very funny.

I have a family. I find nothing remotely offensive about the use of the word. It's been used in non-literal contexts for as long as I can remember (granted, that sometimes isn't more than about two hours, but still).

The world around us changes. Like any business, the media is obligated to adapt its presentation if it wishes to actually remain viable. Some people will choose not to go with the flow--great for them. Lots of things I once liked--and might prefer--are about as relevant today as an Edsel. I can choose to lament what was and rail against the world around me, or I can make peace with that which I cannot change and, really, is not all that significant in the grand cosmic scheme of things.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom