• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

"I'm Debt Free........Not!

J

JoePyne

What a pleasure NOT to hear "eat hotdogs and give yer money to the church" on the nighttime commute home anymore!:cool:

Dave was getting as annoying as Bruce Williams who used to drone on and on,....."Get An Attorney!!:eek:"

Is Brucie dead, off to advising permanently like Bernard Meltzer?

What a pleasure NOT to hear "eat hotdogs and give yer money to the church" on the nighttime commute home anymore!:cool:

Dave was getting as annoying as Bruce Williams who used to drone on and on,....."Get An Attorney!!:eek:"

Beans 'n Rice...Rice 'n Beans. All carbs, and you'll fart thinking you're doing better than you deserve!

Of course the other side of that is you now get to hear even more of the same nationally syndicated conservative political blather, in case you missed it the rest of the day. Maybe Joe Pags is a bit younger, a bit more working class than the other guys, but he reads from the same basic talking points. At least Dave was original.

"WELcome to MY world"! P=)

What's wrong with not owing money to anybody and getting to keep every penny you earn, except for paying for gas, food and utilities?

Dave may be okay as a person, but his show gets stale after about two or three days of listening. The circumstances may be different, but the advice is always the same. After the 2nd day you pretty much already know what he's going to tell a caller, topped off at the end of the evening with a young couple telling us how they are on "Baby Step #298,372,937,472" and WE'RE DEBT FREE because we lived in a cardboard box under an I-93 overpass for two years while showering at the local YMCA and ate nothing but Raman noodles and grubs for protein we foraged on boston commons.

At least with Pags, it is current event oriented.

...but his show gets stale after about two or three days of listening....

And I started listening to Dave on my way home from work because I was getting tired of the same 30 songs I was hearing every day on the music stations. I just can't win.

I'd rather hear Dave Ramsey than all the political talk. But then I'm usually listening to music of MY choice on MP3. :rolleyes:

Doesn't sound like he's retiring.

The guy is 87 years old, chances are he will be retiring to that big studio in the sky in the next few years.

I do miss his show though, I made it a point to catch the last one he did.

Ramsey may have sounded like a broken record but he gave sound advice.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom