"I'm Debt Free........Not!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "I'm Debt Free........Not!

"I'm Debt Free........Not!

What a pleasure NOT to hear "eat hotdogs and give yer money to the church" on the nighttime commute home anymore!

Dave was getting as annoying as Bruce Williams who used to drone on and on,....."Get An Attorney!!"

Is Brucie dead, off to advising permanently like Bernard Meltzer?

Quote Originally Posted by QED View Post
    Is Brucie dead, off to advising permanently like Bernard Meltzer?
    He's not dead yet:

www.brucewilliams.com

You can hear archived shows or buy his Jersey Boy Pork Roll.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePyne View Post
    What a pleasure NOT to hear "eat hotdogs and give yer money to the church" on the nighttime commute home anymore!

Dave was getting as annoying as Bruce Williams who used to drone on and on,....."Get An Attorney!!"
    Beans 'n Rice...Rice 'n Beans. All carbs, and you'll fart thinking you're doing better than you deserve!
    Dr. Akbar 'n Nurse Jeff
    The Middle Eastern Men of the Media
    Buckeye, AZ

Hey Alexa, call Doc & Nurse Jeff...we're really screwed up!

Of course the other side of that is you now get to hear even more of the same nationally syndicated conservative political blather, in case you missed it the rest of the day. Maybe Joe Pags is a bit younger, a bit more working class than the other guys, but he reads from the same basic talking points. At least Dave was original.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePyne View Post
    "WELcome to MY world"! P=)
    ~Uncle Kaimbridge~

**** Void Where Permitted; Limit 0 Per Customer. ****

What's wrong with not owing money to anybody and getting to keep every penny you earn, except for paying for gas, food and utilities?
    "ongoing rant against voice tracking"

Dave may be okay as a person, but his show gets stale after about two or three days of listening. The circumstances may be different, but the advice is always the same. After the 2nd day you pretty much already know what he's going to tell a caller, topped off at the end of the evening with a young couple telling us how they are on "Baby Step #298,372,937,472" and WE'RE DEBT FREE because we lived in a cardboard box under an I-93 overpass for two years while showering at the local YMCA and ate nothing but Raman noodles and grubs for protein we foraged on boston commons.

At least with Pags, it is current event oriented.
    I'm not a broadcast radio industry professional (PG/DB by day, HA by night), but, I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express one evening. Now working FT8 on 20/40/80m!

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post

At least with Pags, it is current event oriented.
    But the message is the same. Same as everyone else on the station.

Dave was a break in the format. Pags stays with the program.

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
    ...but his show gets stale after about two or three days of listening....
    And I started listening to Dave on my way home from work because I was getting tired of the same 30 songs I was hearing every day on the music stations. I just can't win.
    "ongoing rant against voice tracking"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast