No Fourth Radio Station For Sinclair...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Fourth Radio Station For Sinclair...

No Fourth Radio Station For Sinclair...

...and in fact they're being sued for a billion. http://investors.tribunemedia.com/20...ch-of-Contract

Maybe they'll sell Seattle radio to help pay the judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Piotrowski View Post
    ...and in fact they're being sued for a billion. http://investors.tribunemedia.com/20...ch-of-Contract

Maybe they'll sell Seattle radio to help pay the judgement.
    They may as well sell KOMO-TV too and be done with this market. That may yet happen as their news policies (especially at KOMO-TV) has been nothing but a lightning rod of bad publicity for Sinclair, which takes it's toll on shareholders and Seattle just isn't going to roll over for their "agenda".
    My body is a temple; Ancient and crumbling. Probably cursed and haunted...

I don't get it. Why do several hobbyists who post on this board SO want Sinclair to sell their radio properties?

Unlike TV, Sinclair doesn't seem to exercise any sort of editorial stranglehold on the radio properties. What's the deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly A View Post
    I don't get it. Why do several hobbyists who post on this board SO want Sinclair to sell their radio properties?
    I don't get it. Why do you care what "hobbyists" think? You're so much better than them...

Way to answer the question Rob. Dave not keeping you busy enough over there?

Unlike TV, Sinclair doesn't seem to exercise any sort of editorial stranglehold on the radio properties. What's the deal?
    I am in complete agreement with you here. KOMO Radio has remained the same since the Fisher days, IMHO.

Everybody feels Sinclair isn’t a “radio company”. I do believe they owned a couple of major market radio clusters in the late 90’s-early 00’s...they just prefer to focus on TV. If another cluster not unlike Fisher is ever bought up by them (not many left in the country), don’t be shocked if they keep the radio stations associated with them.

The fact is, the radio division makes great money, has fairly low liabilities, and I’d much rather have Sinclair ownership for the radio properties (TV is another exception) over the other major companies running things here in Western Washington. They don’t do things on the cheap like many clusters do.
    As we used to say down in ol' Mexico City...A.M.F.!

Quote Originally Posted by seattlesarchiebunker View Post
    KOMO Radio has remained the same since the Fisher days, IMHO.
    Aside from cutting budget everywhere imaginable (including Paul Tosch), changing the hosts and the focus of midday and afternoon slots with regularity, yeah it's the same.

I haven't listened to KOMO in a while. But it didn't sound too groveling to the Commander in Whatever. KPLZ is still your hipster mom's station and KVI is still your drunken uncle's station, last I heard them.
    My body is a temple; Ancient and crumbling. Probably cursed and haunted...

Quote Originally Posted by AQH View Post
    Aside from cutting budget everywhere imaginable (including Paul Tosch), changing the hosts and the focus of midday and afternoon slots with regularity, yeah it's the same.
    Most of the radio news stations that had airborne traffic have dropped it due to lack of ROI. With all the highway sensors and traffic information from commercial traffic apps in combination with free ones like like Waze, the cost of maintaining aircraft, insurance, and paying salary to a traffic pilot, there is no benefit anymore.

Most of the radio news stations that had airborne traffic have dropped it due to lack of ROI.
    In the case of Sinclair, they say they're now using drones to cover traffic news.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast