• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

EMF in Atlantic City - call letter change

This was posted today in Tom Taylor's newsletter. https://mailchi.mp/tomtaylornow/tom-taylor-now-124505?e=588c8e2cb1

Latest FCC call letter list shows “WLRB” moving up the Atlantic Coast, from the Richmond area (on 100.5/Goochland) to the Atlantic City market. EMF reserves WLRB for the station it’s buying there from Longport Media, “AC 102.7” WWAC, licensed to Ocean City, NJ. It’s an unusual situation for “K-Love” parent EMF, which blamed its sale of Goochland on “special circumstances the [Virginia] county placed on the station that we were not aware of at the time we acquired the license.” That station is now called WVNZ-FM – and the K-Love-suggestive calls of WLRB will “Do AC,” as the current promotional slogan for Atlantic City goes.

When is 102.7 WWAC switching formats? It was announced on June 20th, been almost 3 months with nothing mentioned.

Generally, it takes around 90 to 120 days at today's FCC for a sale to be authorized. It can be longer if there are any "issues".

This was posted today in Tom Taylor's newsletter. https://mailchi.mp/tomtaylornow/tom-taylor-now-124505?e=588c8e2cb1

Latest FCC call letter list shows “WLRB” moving up the Atlantic Coast, from the Richmond area (on 100.5/Goochland) to the Atlantic City market. EMF reserves WLRB for the station it’s buying there from Longport Media, “AC 102.7” WWAC, licensed to Ocean City, NJ. It’s an unusual situation for “K-Love” parent EMF, which blamed its sale of Goochland on “special circumstances the [Virginia] county placed on the station that we were not aware of at the time we acquired the license.” That station is now called WVNZ-FM – and the K-Love-suggestive calls of WLRB will “Do AC,” as the current promotional slogan for Atlantic City goes.

[W]here the [L]ord [R]eaches the eaches!

Is 102.7 WWAC (AC 102.7) actually switching? Haven't heard anything since 6/20/18. Also, for the last few months - there is a loud high pitch sound that makes the current station almost unlistenable.

Is AC 1027 getting ready for format flip? They haven't played any commercials since Friday. They are playing old sounders and songs from 2014-2015 over and over. No music after 2016. They are also playing old radio advertising with Ryan Seacrest and the Saturday night remix which both stopped a few years back.

And today, Monday (4/29) - No Elvis Duran and the Morning show.

I got some friends who work at Longport. Would love to see what the studios of former WWAC looks like. I was there last summer doing overnights on Kool for Blavat and promotions, and the AC 102.7 studios were still there, but that is when the sale occurred. They started cleaning house immediately. It was part studio (a small board and a mic and computer with audition) and part storage closet.

I guess once EMF takes it over, the studios will be turned totally into a closet or voicetracking room. Once I hear back from some friends there, I'll post updates here.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom