• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Boston Radio Ratings July 2018.

K000nah was on vacation, explains the bump up for RKO.

KISS is the Dunkin Donuts of Boston radio.

I am surprised that Honey Dew Donuts and Heaven'ly Donuts can even survive.

Although, Starbucks seems to have carved out their own niche.

Can Amp 103.3 do that? Carve a sustainable niche for themselves? (They are more rhythmic that Kiss 108, and probably have more teen appeal like the Top 40 stations of the past. Also, seem to have more personality through the day and evening.)

Simple.
Matty.

Without him there is no reason to listen to 108.

I think AMP has better DJs throughout.

All AMP needs to do is wait Matty out and then things will get better.

TJ and his producer do some funny stuff.

I am surprised that Honey Dew Donuts and Heaven'ly Donuts can even survive.

Although, Starbucks seems to have carved out their own niche.

Can Amp 103.3 do that? Carve a sustainable niche for themselves? (They are more rhythmic that Kiss 108, and probably have more teen appeal like the Top 40 stations of the past. Also, seem to have more personality through the day and evening.)

Without access to meaningful ratings numbers, we really have no idea whether AMP is performing poorly or is doing what its ownership wants it to do. Maybe what they want is a niche in the younger part of 25-54, in which case going more rhythmic and sounding younger would be a logical strategy. But again, those of us who aren't in the biz have nothing but the "beauty pageant" ratings to discuss.

But again, those of us who aren't in the biz have nothing but the "beauty pageant" ratings to discuss.

The "beauty pageant" numbers are better than nothing.

The "beauty pageant" numbers indicate ALL radio listening....and can illustrate some trends.

I don't mind looking at them

Via AllAccess.com, Top 5+ demo breakouts (age 6+, 25-54, 18-34 and 18-49) for Boston provided by Reasearch Director Inc. and XTrends:

https://www.allaccess.com/net-news/...rch-director-inc-exclusive-july-ppm-analysis-
(scroll down to the fifth market to see Boston's numbers
Access to the above may be restricted to AllAccess members only - a free subscription sign-up may be necessary.

Short version: WXKS was #1 in all demos. WODS does not appear in the Top 5 in any demo.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom