• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

EBS interrupts iHeartRadio

vchimpanzee

Walk of Fame Participant
I listen to WNAM using iHeartRadio on my TiVo. I figured the EBS alert might be on WNAM, but there is a thunderstorm in my area and when I lost sound, I thought it might be the Internet going out. It was not WNAM doing the alert. Even weirder is the fact the warning didn't even finish. And then my TiVo went to live TV.

Somehow the iHeart app knows where you're listening from. The other day I was listening to 2 Philly stations on the iHeart App Power 99 the Hip-Hop Station and Real 106.1 which is mainly Throwback Hip-hop and I heard commercials for the Connecticut Lottery.

Cookies. Your browser tells the app everything about you.

I listen to iHeart and Radio.com at work pretty much all day, and I've never gotten a local EAS alert, though I get local and regional ads in every stopset.

I don’t have any local iHeart stations, though I have Cumulus and Alpha in my area. I'm guessing the EAS alert came from your TV provider, though it would be technically possible for iHeart to send you alerts from your local station. A few years ago, iHeart allowed you to turn on local news for single artist and customizable original channels. If you had an iHeart news/talk station in your area, you got its local newscast. Otherwise, you got a generic regional one.

I think this is related to the TiVo being connected to cable, but it still seems weird. I've had programs I previously recorded interrupted by EAS.

I have TiVo also. I don't think it was iHeart that did anything. I think it was TiVo and your local cable company. I've had apps, TiVo recorded shows and live TV interrupted. The cable company kind of takes over everything.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom