• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Play 96.5: What is going on?

Identnut

Leading Participant
So Estereotempo comes to an end... in its place is Play 96.5. I'd expect a hotter AC direction, but apparently it is a Top 40, and is playing a lot more urban music.

My question is what differentiates it from its sister stations Mainstream Urban La Nueve Cuatro and full-blown CHR La Mega, other than the lack of Rocky and Molusco.

I know that SBS has struggled with the AC format, with a station in New York being retooled and a station in Miami outright flipping, but I still can't fathom that ballads are doing so badly right now. Does Puerto Rico just not have soccer mom music? Did they all move to the mainland? Are they listening to English-music ACs like Magic and Fresh or Christian ACs like Nueva Vida?

I know that the bad economy and Maria turned the island upside down, but this is all something weird to take in.

https://news.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/headline_id=n37026

Here is an Update

Spanish Broadcasting System announces a new format on WRXD-FM (Play 96.5) in Puerto Rico under PD Rogie Gallart. The new offering features a variety of music that includes Merengue, Bachata, Pop and Salsa, with artists such as Manny Manel, Limite 21, Olga Tanon, Milly Quezada, Grupo Mania, Romeo Santos, Prince Royce, Vicente Garcia, Juan Luis Guerra, Tono Rosario, Anthony Santos, Santa Rosa, Reik, Camila, Carlos Vives and Marc Anthony, among others.

The lineup includes "The Brunch of 96.5FM" from 6-11am with Danilo Beauchamp and Yizette Cifredo, Alex Sensation (11am-2pm) and "El Jukeo" (2-7pm) with Joel Santiago "El Intruder" and Abdiel "The Loverboy."

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom