95.5 Move Into Atlanta - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 95.5 Move Into Atlanta

If they use a microlink STL, then what is the feed in the 160MHz band used for? I forget the exact frequency. It's programmed into some of my mobile radios as it sounds better than the broadcast signal.
    Escaped from radio. Took it apart from the inside and climbed out My posts are mine opinion alone and do not represent any aspect of any business matter or opinion related to my employers, past or present.

Quote Originally Posted by nightmanager View Post
    If they use a microlink STL, then what is the feed in the 160MHz band used for? I forget the exact frequency. It's programmed into some of my mobile radios as it sounds better than the broadcast signal.
    160 MHZ is usually used for RPT. In the good ol' days this was called a "Marti Remote." I can't remember if that frequency band is exclusively used for RPT but I don't remember any Atlanta station using this frequency for STL.
    WSB is licensed for a mobile low power operation at 174 MHZ - their other RPT frequencies are in the 450 MHZ band. Their only licensed STL frequency is in the old standard 950 MHZ band. All of this according to the FCC database.

This frequency may still be used as a return feed for their news operation. It would be difficult to do live reports with a noisy AM signal in your headphones (although that used to be the only way you could do it!)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123