if 96.5 goes country this is the route they will take - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: if 96.5 goes country this is the route they will take

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jul View Post
    lol!!! I know you are joking. Music on AM radio is basically dead.
    WFAT, WKCE, WMID, I have to give the first two credit, for promoting, the best music ever made and using the term now on FM in stereophonic sound. Liners like the good old days before most of you were born. I personally enjoy them, great dose of british invasion, calif surf sounds, doo wop and country classics. Who knows, maybe they have more under 40 listeners then one may think, many young people might like this music. When WCAU-FM flipped to oldies in 1970, I was a lad of 17 and had no idea of what music they were playing, what was solid gold oldies, but I fell in love with them and so did thousands of others my age. So why do advertisers think young people would not embrace classic oldies, maybe their tired of all this junk out there now on the airwaves, I don't think the young generation changed that much in 48 years.

Music from less than two decades ago is quite different to a listener than music from five and six decades ago.

Audiences do change, whether you care to believe the reams of data or not. It simply is not a viable format for anyone who wants to make money in a major market. A few outliers holding on to last gasps of life don't change the reality.

...and in 1970, what did you think of music from 1910-1920? Now, we're talking about George M. Cohan! (By the way, you and I are the same age.)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsmoke View Post
    WFAT, WKCE, WMID, I have to give the first two credit, for promoting, the best music ever made and using the term now on FM in stereophonic sound. Liners like the good old days before most of you were born. I personally enjoy them, great dose of british invasion, calif surf sounds, doo wop and country classics. Who knows, maybe they have more under 40 listeners then one may think, many young people might like this music. When WCAU-FM flipped to oldies in 1970, I was a lad of 17 and had no idea of what music they were playing, what was solid gold oldies, but I fell in love with them and so did thousands of others my age. So why do advertisers think young people would not embrace classic oldies, maybe their tired of all this junk out there now on the airwaves, I don't think the young generation changed that much in 48 years.
    You are so correct! Listen to WZML 92.9 out of Radnor, they seem to play '50's-90's. They're are a lot of people in my neighborhood in their thirties to forties that still wish you could hear sixties to seventies music on the radio in the Philly metro area. Me included. What a concept! Maybe there is hope.
    Good points Gunsmoke!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12