CBS Leader Les Moonves accused of Misconduct - Page 10
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: CBS Leader Les Moonves accused of Misconduct

Quote Originally Posted by RadioPatrol View Post
    https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/jef...be-1202937278/

Here is an update on the Jeff Fager Scandal at CBS
    Fager is now out at CBS.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...legations.html

He reportedly threatened a CBS reporter who was covering the story. CBS shared the email with viewers today. He is toast!

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/12/b...business-media

NY Times has an update on the Fager issue.

he network’s clubby, old-school vibe had been sustained by high ratings and marquee shows like “60 Minutes,” whose loyal audience helped make CBS the most-watched broadcast network for the past decade. Popular anchors like Charlie Rose — who was handpicked by Mr. Fager, a good friend, to co-host a revamped morning program — lured viewers.

Now, executives inside the network’s Manhattan headquarters, known as Black Rock, face an uncertain future. The ouster of Mr. Moonves and Mr. Fager followed Mr. Rose’s dismissal in November after he was accused of sexual misconduct.

Mr. Rhodes, the CBS News president, will be tasked with reuniting a news division that, as of Wednesday, was divided over Mr. Fager’s sudden exit.

“The text to Jericka Duncan was threatening and inappropriate,” the longtime “60 Minutes” correspondent Steve Kroft said in a text message. “It’s unfortunate, and everything about this situation saddens me.”

Mr. Fager’s text message was viewed internally as a serious breach, according to two people familiar with the matter, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal issues. Some at CBS were also uneasy with Mr. Fager’s continued presence at work, saying the producer remained defiant about the claims lodged against him.

On Wednesday’s newscast, the anchor Jeff Glor told Ms. Duncan that the text message she had received was “unacceptable.”

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fired-6...ng-to-harm-me/

CBS News has now issued an official statement on the Jeff Fager scandal.

NEW YORK — Jeff Fager, the longtime executive producer of "60 Minutes" who was fired on Wednesday, sent a text message to CBS News correspondent Jericka Duncan with a warning over the network's coverage of the sexual harassment accusations against him.

On Sunday, Duncan reached out to Fager for his response to allegations in The New Yorker that he had groped or touched CBS employees at company parties.

"If you repeat these false accusations without any of your own reporting to back them up you will be held responsible for harming me," Fager replied. "Be careful. There are people who lost their jobs trying to harm me and if you pass on these damaging claims without your own reporting to back them up that will become a serious problem."

CBS News president David Rhodes announced Wednesday that Fager was leaving the company effective immediately, saying he had violated company policy. Fager said in a statement that his contract was terminated early "because I sent a text message to one of our own CBS reporters demanding that she be fair in covering the story." He did not name Duncan.

"My language was harsh and, despite the fact that journalists receive harsh demands for fairness all the time, CBS did not like it," Fager said. "One such note should not result in termination after 36 years, but it did."

Duncan revealed the contents of the text message on the "CBS Evening News" on Wednesday, "since Jeff Fager publicly referred to our exchange today."

In July, six former CBS News employees told The New Yorker that Fager "would touch employees in ways that made them uncomfortable" after drinking at office parties. The article said 19 current and former employees said Fager enabled a culture that "shielded bad behavior."

Fager vehemently denied all of those claims. He continued to come to work.

On Sunday, The New Yorker reported that a new accuser said "she "felt compelled to speak because she simply 'can't believe [Fager is] back there.'" The article described her as "a producer who was an intern at CBS" in the early 2000s who said that "he groped her at a work party."

In response to that allegation, Fager told CBS News, "This is an outrageous claim and it didn't happen. It is wrong."

David Rhodes has to be the next target for removal because hes on the hot seat over how CBS News has dealt with two staff members with questionable conducts.

I know there are a lot of comments about the multi-million dollar golden parachute, and that he should just get thrown out with nothing like the loser of a reality show. But for the most part, the accusations came before CBS, and in point of fact, he's really been a very successful leader, and helped make the company a ton of money. Don't forget he was the one who pushed for the sale of CBS Radio, and that brought in a lot of money. Compared to the other nets, he's done the best with the least. So it's one of those things where you just pay him off, and call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    I know there are a lot of comments about the multi-million dollar golden parachute, and that he should just get thrown out with nothing like the loser of a reality show. But for the most part, the accusations came before CBS, and in point of fact, he's really been a very successful leader, and helped make the company a ton of money. Don't forget he was the one who pushed for the sale of CBS Radio, and that brought in a lot of money. Compared to the other nets, he's done the best with the least. So it's one of those things where you just pay him off, and call it a day.
    He doesn't deserve a penny! He is a serial sexual harasser who should be kicked out with NO COMPENSATION. To reward serial harassers is to enable future predators. They need to make an example of him and toss him to the wolves. Any money he is due should be held in escrow pending the adjudication of civil cases. Just because he made money doesn't give him license to assault others. PLEASE Stop your incessant support and defense of sexual harassers, pedophiles, and Rapist

Quote Originally Posted by TeaPartyDude View Post
    Any money he is due should be held in escrow pending the adjudication of civil cases.
    That's an interesting point, given that he still has yet to be charged with anything. There are NO CIVIL CASES that I am aware of. Instead we have a lot of people talking to reporters, no one talking to the police.

Everyone is rushing to a guilty verdict without any charges. That is how they do things in authoritarian countries. Until he gets charged with something, he is innocent, and the company is attempting to break its employment contract with him. He answers to the board of directors of CBS, not you nor anyone else. Let me know when someone files charges.

https://yournewswire.com/california-...s-les-moonves/

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by TeaPartyDude View Post
    He doesn't deserve a penny! He is a serial sexual harasser who should be kicked out with NO COMPENSATION. To reward serial harassers is to enable future predators. They need to make an example of him and toss him to the wolves. Any money he is due should be held in escrow pending the adjudication of civil cases. Just because he made money doesn't give him license to assault others. PLEASE Stop your incessant support and defense of sexual harassers, pedophiles, and Rapist
    BigA is not supporting or defending convicted criminals. He is defending the American principal of "innocent until proven guilty" that is one of the cornerstones of our nation.

In this case, there are accusations, but no formal charges. And even if charges are pressed, there has to be a trial or a plea bargain.

Until there is a guilty verdict, he's innocent.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Allegations, allegations.

Reminds me of that lady who lived with me and said she was going to ef me over real good. Finally got rid of her. She's at a homeless shelter now. She's like to move back but there's no chance of that.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast