• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

CBS Leader Les Moonves accused of Misconduct

Interesting to note that the article making the charges is in the New Yorker, and the writer is Ronan Farrow, who also wrote the article about Harvey Weinstein.

Another so called giant of the entertainment industry has once again proven to have feet of clay! I guess there is wiggle room though, in some people's eyes, as some of the assaults occurred a decade or more ago.

She might have been an "enabler", tacitly condoning her husband sexual assaults against other women!

Most of the accusations come from before they met. Perhaps she was a good influence.

In either case, you don't blame the spouse for the partner's actions. I didn't see anyone blame Bill Cosby's wife.

Most of the accusations come from before they met. Perhaps she was a good influence.

In either case, you don't blame the spouse for the partner's actions. I didn't see anyone blame Bill Cosby's wife.

If she knew of his behavior before or after their marriage and she failed to speak up she is an enabler. Cosby' wife is an enabler too, just Mrs Donald Trump #4.

No you do not fire the spouse.

If the spouse attained his/her position in the company strictly because he/she was in a relationship with the boss, then wouldn't the new boss have the option of moving someone else into that position? I don't think this is the case with Chen and Moonves, just asking hypothetically....

If the spouse attained his/her position in the company strictly because he/she was in a relationship with the boss, then wouldn't the new boss have the option of moving someone else into that position? I don't think this is the case with Chen and Moonves, just asking hypothetically....

But National Amusements board , the CBS Board and the Redstones have the final say on what happens to Moonves though. In the case of Chen I don't see anything happening to her though for now unless a new CEO and Management has something on her we don't know yet.

But CBS News itself named Jeff Fager for his handling on how the news division handled harassment cases.

https://deadline.com/2018/07/ronan-...er-harassment-60-minutes-cbs-news-1202435522/

And this. So I see the news division having to go through leadership changes though.

Before Julie Chen was a TV game show host she was allegedly an investigative journalist. I guess those investigative skills atrophied with marriage and passage of time. It will be interesting to see how the chicks on The View hNdle this on Monday. In the past they have skewered accused sex harassers with far less evidence.

I'm betting they give old Les a pass, what say you?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom