• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Facebook suspends Alex Jones for 30 days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I have said before GCN doesn't care who they let on as long as the air time is paid for but at least if Jones is banned from YouTube and Facebook he'll have a smaller platform and people are less likely to see him except for possibly the extremist nuts that are actually looking for him.

He's got quite an audience out there. Mostly white males in blue collar jobs. Banning him only adds fuel to his rhetoric.

It's easy to support the First Amendment when the other person's speech is something you agree with.
It's really difficult when defending it also aligns you with a character as slimy as Alex Jones.

If you ban Alex Jones from social media today, they could do it to you or someone you follow tomorrow.
Be careful what you wish for. Just sayin'.

The only way you can actually remove Alex Jones is that if you can prove that the leader of GCN broadcasting was like Les Moonves ,Jeff Fager, Roger Ailes and other harassers

Yes GCN has been mentioned in other threads for letting Alex Jones and staff act like a loose cannon for clicks and ratings that lead to him and crew being sued for false allegations in the past.

But my favorite scene was when Jones made a strange confession on air over the 150 women incident
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8X0Gxnjqn4

I mentioned this in other places and thought he was getting removed because of that. But as usual all of you were right about GCN though and a concept I never heard of until you guys told me about "Dollar a Holla"

It's easy to support the First Amendment when the other person's speech is something you agree with.
It's really difficult when defending it also aligns you with a character as slimy as Alex Jones.

If you ban Alex Jones from social media today, they could do it to you or someone you follow tomorrow.

But I would think that Jones has broken enough rules to justify being banned permanently by You Tube and Facebook.

Last edited:
The First Amendment doesn't apply to a private company banning Jones, a leftist commentator, or a spammer.
The stock will be back
Contrary to some conservative commentators, Facebook's stock didn't tank because they aren't force feeding Diamond and Silk into everyone's newsfeed

Keep in mind every web site, including the one we're posting on now, has "terms of service." If you violate them, you can be banned.

No one is telling him what to say. He can say whatever he wants. But he has to do it on his own platform, not someone else's.

It's equally bad to try to make Facebook the speech police. That's not their job. They just don't want to get sued.

It seems to me that if they don't do something to stop Jones, You Tube, Facebook, or GCN could face a lawsuit for providing a platform for him to spew his lies.

Please GCN will air anything from anyone as long as their check doesn't bounce.

Absolutely. I’m sure Brother Stair ended up on there at some point :)

And people forget, Alex Jones is first and foremost (and when confronted, he admits this) an entertainer. Perhaps in the same way a wrestler back in the day would “get heat” by doing something controversial or in poor taste, Alex Jones will say anything to get his name out there. Even frogs turning gay from the water.

He’s laughing all the way to the bank. Every time he gets in the news, he wins. He “gets heat”, people want to hear what makes him so despicable, and a few will buy his Male Vitality Vitamin Mix or whatever the crap it is.

But I would think that Jones has broken enough rules to justify being banned permanently by You Tube and Facebook.

Thinking creatively they can surely come up with rules that they could then accuse ANY of us of breaking.

It's a slippery slope, that's all I'm saying.

I'm old enough to recall when the ACLU went to bat to defend the free speech of actual Nazis in Skokie, Illinois.

Last edited:
I have never used Facebook, and I am positive that I have not missed a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom