Live Microphones - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Live Microphones

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEduardo View Post
    Of course, one jock, an irreproachable morning "star" would spray Lysol on the muff... meaning that the mike inside had to be replaced about every year!
    The cleaning service at a station I worked at did that once, and it was all the morning jock talked about the next day, because it was right under his nose.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEduardo View Post

I've known lots of jocks that brought their own mike muffs. They were afraid of what might be living in the them from prior users. So the daily placement and removal would wear them down very quickly. Of course, one jock, an irreproachable morning "star" would spray Lysol on the muff... meaning that the mike inside had to be replaced about every year!
    I'll guess you have seen the insides of a RE-20 after a few years service. How they still work is a mystery.

David and Big A are old enough to remember when smoking was allowed in the studio...and almost everyone in radio smoked. The mic capsules would be absolutely gross. And the mic muff, if they even had one, was the original.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12