• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

What has become of WBPV-LP?

Ai4i

Star Participant
Not only has WBPV been off the air for a while now, but they are NOT on the WSLR website,
and I drove past their rooftop today and saw a mounting platform, but no single-bay antenna.
R-L lists them as temporarily off the air.

The FCC database shows they filed an application for an STA to Remain Silent on 5/7/18. I do not see where the STA was granted. There was no application available in the FCC database to show why they needed to Remain Silent.

I learned from someone at WSLR that the bar/club that had been hosting their site has gone belly up and that they are looking for another, hopefully higher one; 38 feet is/are an unacceptable heigth.

Last edited:
They are back on from the south side or Cortez Road by 117th Street west.
Y-100.3, WZJZ messes them up throughout much of their coverage area,
especially between ninety and one hundred and eighty degrees.

They are back on from the south side or Cortez Road by 117th Street west.
Y-100.3, WZJZ messes them up throughout much of their coverage area,
especially between ninety and one hundred and eighty degrees.

They filed a license to cover the new site on 5/31/2019.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom