• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Dead air station 104.7 near Belton

A

AnyHuman

I don't know what station this is, but it's playing dead air for a few hours at least. I think there are a couple LPFMs around the area. Maybe one of them gave up and all it's listeners went to streaming radio!

It was still dead air, and I am picking up a weak station north of Belton on 91.9 playing instrumental Christmas music. I'm not sure who has the Christmas station but they've got some good audio equipment.

It's a LPFM affiliate of the Life Talk network which I believe is associated with the Seventh-day Adventist Church. There are three of those LPFMs in Bell County, spread between Temple and Killeen. 104.7, 104.5, and 96.3. I do believe they have some local volunteers, although I am not sure on what exactly those positions entail. The signals seem to have a lot of technical issues when I've listened, including bad, distorted audio, and what sounds like over-modulation. I guess dead air too.

With a few exceptions, KGTN-LP in Georgetown comes to mind (which has excellent audio processing!), most of these technical issues seem par for the course for LPFMs.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom