• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Last WATD Wide World of Blues now on

raccoonradio

Walk of Fame Participant
Final edition of WATD Wild World of Blues with Peter Black now airing on WATD FM 95.9/ WMEX AM 1510 http://v6.player.abacast.net/2231 after 26 years. Best wishes to Peter who heads for now out to Colorado. Winner of Mai Cramer Keeping the Blues Alive award. He thanks his listeners, sponsors, etc. (now Fri night till 2 am)

Longtime veteran Boston Blues DJ Holly Harris has been playing the blues in Boston for at least that long as well, though on different stations over the years. She's now on WUMB (and WFPB, WBPR, WNEF, WUMG, WUMT, WUMV) Saturday evenings 6-9 PM.

Also Greg Sarni has been doing "True Blues" on WBRS Wednesdays 10 AM - 12 Noon for at least a couple of decades, I think.

Holly met Mai Cramer on jury duty and later became her fill in. She was on WBOS and I believe the old WCGY.

Sarni organized the Boston Blues Festival at the Hatch Shell.
Mai's widower Peter Ward has been a guest with us on WMWM Salem State many times and is a guitarist-singer.
I, Bob Nelson started the Juke Joint there in May of '88.One of our other DJs, Peter Cahill used to answer the phones for Mai.

Peter Black mentioned Holly's show on UMB and said the station was on 91.7 in Marshfield (WUMT)

Holly met Mai Cramer on jury duty and later became her fill in. She was on WBOS and I believe the old WCGY.

Before WCGY, WBOS, and filling in for Mae on WGBH, Holly began playing Blues at WMFO on Sunday mornings. I think I remember her show there was called "Morning After Blues".

Yes Morning After Blues (title maybe from a line in Gordon Lightfoot's Carefree Highway?) was 11am-2 pm on WMFO I believe.I remember getting MFO in Nahant and it was on (no splashover from WMWM as we were off for semester break)

There were bumper stickers for WGBH Blues After Hours and I think there were also some for the WMFO Morning After Blues.
Holly and Mai emceed acts at the Winter Island Blues Fest in Salem circa 1996-99.Was there once and saw Mai interviewing Carey Bell in a parking area.

I'm hearing Peter Black on now in his slot , but it sounds like it may be a rebroadcast of segments of an older show.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom