• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WEEI flipping midday, PM drive shows

WEEI flipping shows starting Aug 13.Dale and Keefe 10a-2p, Ordway Merloni and Fauria 2-6p
From the several times I found myself listening to "OMF'.....it sounded to me like they're making some of the same mistakes that caused the decline of "The Big Show".

What I've mostly heard is way too much talking over each other.....or is that shouting over each other.....and a few too many references to "inside stuff" and petty personal politics among talent there.....stuff nobody really cares about.

Basically, the show sounds like it's about ITSELF instead of sports.

Will they keep the same Patriots Monday schedule ?
If so that would mean OMF will get BB.
I think that might be interesting.

like it's about ITSELF

It's a sports format heavily into personality. So is the AM show. It's not like Ordway isn't prepared. His show is produced and he hits his times. This was inevitable. I surprised they didn't do it when Holley was sinking drive time.
I don't think Ordway can beat F&M but they should make it closer (like AM).

like it's about ITSELF

It's a sports format heavily into personality. So is the AM show. It's not like Ordway isn't prepared. His show is produced and he hits his times. This was inevitable. I surprised they didn't do it when Holley was sinking drive time.
I don't think Ordway can beat F&M but they should make it closer (like AM).
I'm not questioning Ordway's preparedness or any of the other things you mentioned.

What I mean is that some of the content is confusing to someone who doesn't listen to the station regularly.....so that you don't "GET" all the references. If you're not a regular listener, you feel as though you're being "left out".

It's sort of like being a new viewer to a soap-opera, and not knowing the backstory and characters necessary to "GET IT".

Press release has a quote from Mark Hannon? didn't he run the sports hub before the sale?

He's running the entire Entercom cluster...but he's from sales. While, I'm sure, he had to sign-off on it...I have to think some programming person proposed this...so I'm wondering who is calling the (programming) shots now.

He's running the entire Entercom cluster...but he's from sales. While, I'm sure, he had to sign-off on it...I have to think some programming person proposed this...so I'm wondering who is calling the (programming) shots now.

Joe Zarbano is the Program Director

Jason Wolfe is with Financial Exchange Radio Network in charge of advertising and affiliate relations:

He was also associated with his former nemesis Howie Carr in 2016, he may not be with Howie anymore.... but proof radio makes for strange bedfellows, the fact Jason was hired by Howie at all, after their battles at WRKO, and Howies Tweets after Entercom fired him ...... the joys of radio I guess

WEEI morning update-- tweet from Kirk Minihane
@kirkmin
I’m going on an indefinite leave from the show. Still battling mental health issues. Truth is I came back to work too fast. Wish I could be there with
@GerryCallahan
@_ChrisCurtis
and
@KenLairdWEEI
- I love those guys very much. I’ll be OK and sorry I’m leaving you all with Mut.

He's been on a sort of anti-Tom Brady mini-rant for the last few days, didn't seem quite right. Hope he's able to take care of his issues.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom