Brent Musburger new Oakland Raiders Radio Announcer

Thread: Brent Musburger new Oakland Raiders Radio Announcer

Brent Musburger new Oakland Raiders Radio Announcer

Brent Musburger is headed back to the broadcast booth.

Musburger has agreed to a three-year-deal to become the new radio play-by-play announcer for the Oakland Raiders starting this fall, according to the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

Both the Raiders and Musburger, who currently writes a weekly column for the Review-Journal, declined to comment on the deal, though it is expected to be made official later this week. Musburger has a long history as a sports broadcaster most significantly in the NFL, college football and college basketball. Musburger started working for CBS Sports in 1973, and then made the switch to ABC and ESPN in 1990, where he stayed for 17 years before retiring in 2017. The 79-year-old currently runs the Vegas Sports and Information Network.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-...212640477.html

How old is this dude? Has considered retirement. I guess we can look forward to watching this old coot drool over the Raiderettes

Dang, since it's radio, you won't get to hear "You are looking LIVE..."

How about you are listening live.

Musburger is 79. Roughly the same age as Bill Hillgrove, the Pittsburgh Steelers' radio play-by-play guy.

Lately Hillgrove is coming under a lot of criticism though from people who think he's lost a step or two.

Quote Originally Posted by FreddyE1977 View Post

Lately Hillgrove is coming under a lot of criticism though from people who think he's lost a step or two.
    Some have said the same about the Raiders, and they're a whole lot younger.

In addition to the Musberger announcement, Lincoln Kennedy will move from sideline reporter to the booth for analysis.
    Chris Townsend takes over sideline duties.

Plus, the flagship radio station changes: KCBS-AM/KFRC-FM will be the primary with "select" games on the previous flagship KGMZ -
    possibly, maybe meaning games other than Sunday
    (although I'm pretty sure that I've read elsewhere that the opener on Monday 9/10/18 vs. the Rams is expected to air on KCBS/KFRC)
    or more likely meaning on days when the A's and Warriors are off.

Spanish language broadcasts air on California Broadcasting Co. Regional Mexican KZNB-A-K298AZ (LA Z)/Santa Rosa.

Compass Media Network continues to handle the Raiders Radio Network.

Preseason TV outlets and more info at:
    https://www.allaccess.com/net-news/a...nt-musburger-n

Quote Originally Posted by FreddyE1977 View Post
    Musburger is 79. Roughly the same age as Bill Hillgrove, the Pittsburgh Steelers' radio play-by-play guy.

And if I'm allowed to mention baseball, didn't Vin Scully retire at age 89 or 90?

Vin Scully was AMAZINGLY sharp for a man pushing 90.
    I heard him during his final season, and he didn't miss a beat.

As mentioned, Musburger is a Vegas resident running a sports betting consulting business (whatever the hell that means). But aren't the Raiders going to be playing in Oakland one more year? All that aside, he is a good announcer, but will have to adapt back to a radio style after decades of tv pbp.