• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

New Fm in houston??

I was around Bush Airport and I was able to pick up a regional Mexican station on 101.7 FM somewhat choppy at Times. Right now I am on I 10 and wayside and the station is still battling with Puro Tejano FM. It’s not La Ranchera because I went to 850 am and they’re playing something different.

Just heard an Announcement LA MERA MERA DE TODAS LA TREMANDA 98.7.

The best of the best

La Tremenda 98.7, but it’s on 101.7 so I tuned in to 98.7 but Jack Fm is on and in the background I hear the regular Asian station.

It's tropo....been happening a lot lately....last night heard Big93.9 out of Corpus while driving I10 from Beaumont to La....
No it's not. The gibberish being displayed on the station's RDS resembles the same gibberish of other Centro translators.

This is local. Probably K269GT.

No it's not. The gibberish being displayed on the station's RDS resembles the same gibberish of other Centro translators.

This is local. Probably K269GT.

Yes I realize that too I was listening to it and all the sudden you headd somebody stop the music and now you hear dead air.

And they are back on air now playing the same music from that station.

Last edited:
K269GT seems to be relaying an online stream of KZAM-FM out of Wichita Falls.

As long as no money is being exchanged, there should be no issues. RDS currently displays the time in Military/24 Hour for two seconds, followed by 101.7 FM

As long as no money is being exchanged, there should be no issues. RDS currently displays the time in Military/24 Hour for two seconds, followed by 101.7 FM

Pretty sure that’s illegal unless another local station is carrying the programming of KZAM. Outside of the primary signal contour, translators must catch the signals they relay off-air. No way are you going to regularly catch a Wichita Falls station over-the-air in Houston.

One other possibility, however, is that the Wichita Falls station was overriding the regular signal the translator relays. Where I live, we have an EMF station on 92.1 that uses a translator on the edge of its primary contour. It gets overridden by other sticks all-the-time.

Also heard that on 101.7 during my evening commute. Appears to be the same transmitter that was running La Nueva recently.

Of course, we used to have another "La Mera Mera" here in Houston (2004-06 on 92.1.)

Also heard that on 101.7 during my evening commute. Appears to be the same transmitter that was running La Nueva recently.

Of course, we used to have another "La Mera Mera" here in Houston (2004-06 on 92.1.)

The actual name is La Tremenda they’re just saying La Mera mera like saying the best of the best before the actual name.

Pretty sure that’s illegal unless another local station is carrying the programming of KZAM. Outside of the primary signal contour, translators must catch the signals they relay off-air. No way are you going to regularly catch a Wichita Falls station over-the-air in Houston.

One other possibility, however, is that the Wichita Falls station was overriding the regular signal the translator relays. Where I live, we have an EMF station on 92.1 that uses a translator on the edge of its primary contour. It gets overridden by other sticks all-the-time.

Only xlators in the commercial band are required to fed fed via off air if they are outside the primary's service contour....those in the reserved band (88-91.9) can be fed any way possible...just saying

I wonder why they’re doing this? Would make more sense for them to have La Mejor on 101.7 as well.

K269GT is definitely running KZAM, from a crappy low-bitrate stream. Another quality Guel job. At least it isn't interfering with anything worthwhile!

1540AM out of Galveston has a translator in Baytown, and its frequency is 101.7. I believe that is what you heard.

Puro Tejano in 101.7 has English language announcers as well the Tejano format, so easy to differentiate from the other stations on the frequency. I’ve been hearing the same thing as earlier posters.

I actually drove up I-45 to Huntsville last night... KSAM started coming in around Conroe as it usually does. Pleasantly surprised, no interference from K269GT.

KSAM probably doesn’t care about anything south of Conroe, and Conroe itself is gravy as it is.

A translator that is operating on a construction permit is considered to be in testing. The station can originate programming or repeat anything the its engineer wants until a license to cover is filed. Operation under a CP is not supposed to go on forever, but there is no set time limit.

A translator that is operating on a construction permit is considered to be in testing. The station can originate programming or repeat anything the its engineer wants until a license to cover is filed. Operation under a CP is not supposed to go on forever, but there is no set time limit.
Not that it matters now because this morning they had some cringy Spanish speaking preacher quickly being dubbed into English.

Cringe!

Maybe it's time we start taxing churches.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom