ALT 92.3 now have morning show - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: ALT 92.3 now have morning show

Yeah, doesn't seem like I'm missing much based on the sample log and the description. Maybe it's in early testing stages and will evolve into something more focused if and when they launch a stream of it.

Streaming info for WNYL-HD2 New Arrivals:

Browser link (bypassing radio.com):

http://player.streamtheworld.com/liv...IGN=WNYLHD2AAC

Direct streaming URLs to copy + paste (>>between the arrows<<) into media players:

128 kbps, 44.1 kHz, Stereo, AAC:

>>http://playerservices.streamtheworld.com/api/livestream-redirect/WNYLHD2AAC.aac<<

128 kbps, 44.1 kHz, Stereo, MP3:

>>http://playerservices.streamtheworld.com/api/livestream-redirect/WNYLHD2.mp3<<

Alt 92.3 Has Afternoon + Late-Night Shows, Too

Corey B (Bonalewicz) joins from sister station CHR B96 (WBBM-FM) Chicago for afternoons (2-6 PM)
    and Kevan Kenney moves from weekends to weeknights (10 PM - 2 AM).

Thus, just prior to the one year anniversary of its launch on 11/17/2017
    (on the date of the consummation of the merger with CBS Radio),
    Entercom finally has their full time lineup in place at WNYL.

6-10a - CANE
    10a-2p - CHRISTINE
    2-6p - COREY BONALEWICZ
    6-10p - BRYCE
    10p-2a - KEVAN KENNEY

Story link from AllAccess:

https://www.allaccess.com/net-news/a...onalewicz-for-

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    Statistically the AAA audience is very small and very old.
    Think of popular artists spun on Alt Rock radio today - how many of them have really developed in the past five years and have the ability to sell out Madison Square Garden or the Forum today?

After Twenty One Pilots and Imagine Dragons, I don't know who else I could list.

A decade ago, a band like The Killers, Mumford and Sons or The Black Keys could receive airplay on KROQ and become international sensations. I just think "alternative" music today is just too fragmented and niche to allow artists to achieve mainstream success and attention like before.

The path forward for alt radio is much of the same - the same roster of legacy artists developed in the '90s and early '00s and maybe they'll try out some of the pop-leaning alternative acts.

What are you talking about? Mumford and Sons are actually playing Madison Square Garden on December 10. The Killers played at last year's Golbal Citizen's Festival along with Green Day, Lumineers and more at Central Park. Muse, Florence and the Machine, Death Cab for Cutie, Bastille, Foster the People are all coming to Barclay's Center. Coldplay played Metlife Center last year. Portugal the Man played Forest Hills Stadium in September. Chainsmokers and Marshmello are part of the Jingle Ball lineups in mutiple major markets this year.

And those are just the artists that are in current rotation on Alt 92.3 right now. The gold artists are among some of the biggest bands in the world, have sold millions of records and filled stadiums in NYC and around the world. RHCP, Oasis, Blink-182, R.E.M, Linkin Park, Third Eye Blind, Franz Ferdinand, Arctic Monkeys are all among Alt 92.3's core playlist. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they're not popular. No one is stopping you from listening to Lite FM instead, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Theater of My Mind View Post
    What are you talking about? Mumford and Sons are actually playing Madison Square Garden on December 10. The Killers played at last year's Golbal Citizen's Festival along with Green Day, Lumineers and more at Central Park. Muse, Florence and the Machine, Death Cab for Cutie, Bastille, Foster the People are all coming to Barclay's Center. Coldplay played Metlife Center last year. Portugal the Man played Forest Hills Stadium in September. Chainsmokers and Marshmello are part of the Jingle Ball lineups in mutiple major markets this year.

And those are just the artists that are in current rotation on Alt 92.3 right now. The gold artists are among some of the biggest bands in the world, have sold millions of records and filled stadiums in NYC and around the world. RHCP, Oasis, Blink-182, R.E.M, Linkin Park, Third Eye Blind, Franz Ferdinand, Arctic Monkeys are all among Alt 92.3's core playlist. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they're not popular. No one is stopping you from listening to Lite FM instead, though.
    Exactly my point - all these artists DID NOT develop in the past five years. They're legacy artists at this point.

All the artists you've mentioned have been around for a while, and I wouldn't consider Chainsmokers and Marshmello to be "alternative" artists.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345