Anyone notice what WTMP is doing?

Thread: Anyone notice what WTMP is doing?

Anyone notice what WTMP is doing?

Besides the very unique "Motown Sounds of the 60s 70s and 80s" music format it has finally settled on, WTMP AM 1150 has added longtime Washington DC radio vet Albie Dee as it's Program Director and afternoon guy, "Motormouth" Terry Young in mornings and Mike Harlowe in middays. All three are live and local.

They are on 97.5 now in Pinellas County too and according to their Facebook page, moved into brand new studios.

I streamed them the other morning, it's a VERY interesting listen. For those of you that go back far enough, the station kinda has the personality feel of the old 1040 WHBO when Scott Robbins, Marvin Boone and Howard Hewes were there.
    - brian holmes
    APD/MD/Nights- 93-1 JAMZ WJQM/Madison, WI

Former APD/Nights - WSNX Grand Rapids / WVKS Toledo
    (resume includes: WFKS/WNWW, SL100, KISS XM21, WKQI, WFFY, WFLZ, WFLA, WSRZ, WSPB, WILN, WTBB, WVYB, WYUU, WSUN, WTMP, WRXB, WIDO, WZBQ, WUAL, Metro Networks, Airwatch, IBN)

Wow, from the Sixties on Six, down to this little AM station with a translator!
    I will have to give them a listen, but I can only hear their AM from down here.
    Ai4i has Always Been on the Trailing Edge of Technology!

Quote Originally Posted by ai4i View Post
    Wow, from the Sixties on Six, down to this little AM station with a translator!
    I will have to give them a listen, but I can only hear their AM from down here.
    LOVED Terry "Motormouth" Jackson on the Sixties on Six on XM [till Sirius bought it and wrecked it]. Glad WTMP streams online so I can listen to him again.

Quote Originally Posted by Yabadabado1 View Post
    LOVED Terry "Motormouth" Jackson on the Sixties on Six on XM...
    How do you Pheel about (Gordon) Phlash Phelps?

Quote Originally Posted by ai4i View Post
    How do you Pheel about (Gordon) Phlash Phelps?
    Doesn't make me swoon but he's OK.

Quote Originally Posted by raydiodude View Post
    For those of you that go back far enough, the station kinda has the personality feel of the old 1040 WHBO when Scott Robbins, Marvin Boone and Howard Hewes were there.
    I grew up in Miami, and I remember hearing Johnny Reb, overnights on "Fun Radio 138". They and channel ten were both WLCY.

I was driving pre-sunrise this morning and heard 1110 from Tampa, but 1150 was only a New Orleans station,
    so I would ask if the 1150 power increase time is later in the morning than the 1110 sign-on?