• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Anyone notice what WTMP is doing?

Besides the very unique "Motown Sounds of the 60s 70s and 80s" music format it has finally settled on, WTMP AM 1150 has added longtime Washington DC radio vet Albie Dee as it's Program Director and afternoon guy, "Motormouth" Terry Young in mornings and Mike Harlowe in middays. All three are live and local.

They are on 97.5 now in Pinellas County too and according to their Facebook page, moved into brand new studios.

I streamed them the other morning, it's a VERY interesting listen. For those of you that go back far enough, the station kinda has the personality feel of the old 1040 WHBO when Scott Robbins, Marvin Boone and Howard Hewes were there.

Wow, from the Sixties on Six, down to this little AM station with a translator!
I will have to give them a listen, but I can only hear their AM from down here.

Wow, from the Sixties on Six, down to this little AM station with a translator!
I will have to give them a listen, but I can only hear their AM from down here.

LOVED Terry "Motormouth" Jackson on the Sixties on Six on XM [till Sirius bought it and wrecked it]. Glad WTMP streams online so I can listen to him again.

For those of you that go back far enough, the station kinda has the personality feel of the old 1040 WHBO when Scott Robbins, Marvin Boone and Howard Hewes were there.
I grew up in Miami, and I remember hearing Johnny Reb, overnights on "Fun Radio 138". They and channel ten were both WLCY.

I was driving pre-sunrise this morning and heard 1110 from Tampa, but 1150 was only a New Orleans station,
so I would ask if the 1150 power increase time is later in the morning than the 1110 sign-on?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom