Changes at Fresh 102.7? - Page 12
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Changes at Fresh 102.7?

Quote Originally Posted by ansky212 View Post
    I don't understand why Cumulus doesn't move the Urban AC format from 103.9 to 95.5. They could go head to head with WBLS which usually has very good ratings.
    Because PLJ bills a TON of $$$ for that cluster. Flip it and lose it all.

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ksradiogeek View Post
    Because PLJ bills a TON of $$$ for that cluster. Flip it and lose it all.
    No, it does not. WPLJ billing is off over 60% in the last 6 years and has very little revenue to protect.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEduardo View Post

No, it does not. WPLJ billing is off over 60% in the last 6 years and has very little revenue to protect.
    So in a (lowly) 2 horse race, who gets more revenue, PLJ or NEW?
    Radio station employee...<br />Amateur photographer...<br />Cat slave...<br />Sarcasm expert...<br />Annual USA visitor...

The last time I saw figures (a couple years ago), the two were fairly close to one another in the billing department. I think 95.5 had a minor lead at the time, but it's possible things have changed since then. 102.7 has been one of the lowest billing full market FM stations in the Big Apple for a number of years.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112