returned to the Big Apple - that station was WCBSFM 101.1 - rather than being called "New York's Oldies Station" (as this senior citizen remembers it to be), it was (and is) still called "New York's Greatest Hits".

And while the CBSFM of today is NOWHERE NEAR the station I remember listening to as a child, July 12, 2007 WAS and IS and WILL ALWAYS be a significant time for this New York Radio Diva. Because it gave me the hope that the CBSFM I knew would be back - and at first, it was (Sunday Night Radio Greats, Hall of Fame features, oldies weekends - and great new faces such as Ron Parker and Jeff Mazzei). However, in 2018 - it is primarily going after the 25-34 audience (just my humble opinion - and is mostly playing 80's and 90's music (I was down at Scott Shannon's Memorial Day thing in Coney Island - will someone tell me why Smash Mouth is SO popular?)....

But on this day, let us remember the excitement of 12 years ago at a few minutes before 1PM Eastern time, when some familiar faces (Bob Shannon and Dan Taylor) and some soon-to-be-familiar-to-the-format faces (Bill Lee and Joe Causi) were celebrating and rejoicing -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJwhn9DG4jc

(and just for the record, kids, I am 59 years old, turning 60 in April - so I'm not even considered to be in the demographic - but I just know what the heck I'm talking about when it comes to NY radio...