• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

"Is That All There Is?"

SuperRadioFan

Star Participant
Peggy Lee song now being played by Nic Harcourt at 88.5 FM, you just never know what you might hear heh heh

Last edited:
As I often say about this station, I hope all the listeners are actively supporting this station with regular and generous contributions. Because that's the only way this station exists, and will be able to play these songs.

As I often say about this station, I hope all the listeners are actively supporting this station with regular and generous contributions. Because that's the only way this station exists, and will be able to play these songs.

You bet I have been doing that and I will continue to do so. You know what else, Big A? I used to listen to many out of market AAA stations (Tune In Radio) etc, they were commercial over the air stations. Now I hardly ever listen to them, those commercial blocks are ridiculous, anywhere from 4-7 minutes. I am outta there. I can't go back after experiencing non-comm radio! And I am HAPPY to support those stations that exist because of contributions.

You bet I have been doing that and I will continue to do so. You know what else, Big A? I used to listen to many out of market AAA stations (Tune In Radio) etc, they were commercial over the air stations. Now I hardly ever listen to them, those commercial blocks are ridiculous, anywhere from 4-7 minutes. I am outta there. I can't go back after experiencing non-comm radio! And I am HAPPY to support those stations that exist because of contributions.

This is my argument against listening to commercial news radio (KNX, KCBS). One news story- commercial - traffic - commercial - another new story - commercial - sports report - commercial, etc.

Then about a dozen years ago, I discovered NPR. On the rare occasions that I tune in commercial news radio now, it is like torture. Not going back, except for breaking news when my TV is unavailable and the internet and electric grid are down...i.e.: earthquake or similar.

I contribute to my local public radio station.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom