• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

June Radio Ratings

Looks like ME-FM has peaked. LiteFM hasn't gained much from all the recent changes.

The slide continues at WBEZ. They really are underperforming other big city NPR stations.

Here is the ratings for Chicago Radio Stations released 7-10-18

https://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb005

Robert Feder reported that Steve Cochran show placed in the top then, but everybody else was not nearly as lucky as Steve Cochran, and WGN Radio's slide still fallen, and it doesn't look like they ever will return to rise, like how long in the past you could put them on in the daytime, and then leave them on all day long, until at least the early evening hours. And even with them having the Chicago White Sox, I don't see that will save them from their troubles.

Looks like ME-FM has peaked. LiteFM hasn't gained much from all the recent changes.

The slide continues at WBEZ. They really are underperforming other big city NPR stations.

Assuming people might not be thrilled with some of the changes they have brought one, the only big one that I am not thrilled with the addition of 1A that is a 2 hour radio show, and they only air 1 hour of it, I tuned in once and once enough, talk about Donald Trump neither positive nor negative.

How interesting that back in the 60's and half of this 70's AM radio dominated the top ten ratings. My guess is that WBBM's rating is based on the FM listeners and not AM. AM is slowly disappearing.

How interesting that back in the 60's and half of this 70's AM radio dominated the top ten ratings.

FM listening eclipsed AM in the late 70s. Why? It sounded better, more stations, more music, more variety. Then in the 80s, the FCC added even more FM stations. By the 90s, it was apparent that AM was dying. Talk and sports radio have kept it alive. But for the most part, yes, AM is slowly disappearing.

MeTV FM has to tighten up their playlist a little. Just because you have never heard a song for 40 years doesn't necessarily mean you should. You have to pick and choose, partly by research, partly by judgement. The other stations have responded by adding more older tracks, and have reclaimed some of what they were losing. But still they are doing phenomenally considering they are way down at 87.75 MHz with relatively low power, not near the center of the band.

MeTV FM has to tighten up their playlist a little. Just because you have never heard a song for 40 years doesn't necessarily mean you should. You have to pick and choose, partly by research, partly by judgement. The other stations have responded by adding more older tracks, and have reclaimed some of what they were losing. But still they are doing phenomenally considering they are way down at 87.75 MHz with relatively low power, not near the center of the band.

How do you suggest that they tighten up their playlist up? They are the only station in Chicago that plays music as far as back the 1950's, I mean what is the oldest song that is on WLS FM's playlist? And last I checked there is a button on people's radios that people can change when they want to go to another radio station, or don't like what they are hearing. What's wrong if you haven't heard a song in 40 years that you shouldn't have to listen to it that later on, you might not remember the song, or if if it a song you hated, you might or might not remember why.

I like to listen to AT40 rebroadcasts, both 70s and 80s. But there are a certain tracks that charted, some in the 70s and a lot in the 80s, that just aren't that good.

So here at work, I listen to a few stations I can get inside the building, but mostly 103.9 The Fox (WFXF). And aside from listening to Capone continually banter about the corporate rock radio bastards (which I am so friggen tired of hearing), this past week, He and Quigs were crowing about how he kicked their "butts" in the latest ratings... Where can this be seen? Because looking at this, seems as though they're flat and consistent with previous months.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom