• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Syndicated offerings of 2018--where are they headed?

Since we had a thread on this last year I guess we'll start a new one here

What syndicated shows are being added or changing stations in your market?

I keep seeing promos for 'Face the Truth' during The Doctors, but no station or website!

I wonder if they will film in the Atlanta Civic Center? Space has probably been empty since Family Feud (and Steve Harvey) left for Los Angeles last summer. They had been there for several years.

I keep seeing promos for 'Face the Truth' during The Doctors, but no station or website!

Dr. Phil promoted Face the Truth earlier this season via an episode he did with guest Jon Taffer (he's one of the panelists on the upcoming show). In Cleveland, knowing that Jerry Springer is moving to The CW, I wouldn't be surprised if WUAB picks up Face the Truth. But then again, since WKYC has The Doctors and Dr. Phil, it wouldn't be a leap of faith to see it on that station.

Haven't seen anything yet on the new shows where they are headed new show or if shows will be moving from one channel to another. So hoping Page Six TV is moving and gets a better timeslot than 10:30AM I only watch it Wed & Thur morning.

I wonder if Fresh Off The Boat is going into syndie if it was offered to TV station groups as Freeform & UP is going to air it later this year. Don't know if Fresh Off The Boat has enough EP's for TV station groups to buy?

79 episodes for FOTB. Doesn't seem like enough. I still haven't seen a single promo for any new show. I do have a feeling that Face the Truth will replace the cancelled Harry on KIMA/KEPR as the umpteenth 9:00am show in the last 15-20 years. They can't seem to keep one show at that slot for more than a couple years at a time. From memory...America's Court, Anderson (+ the 'Live' version), The Test, Meredith Vieira and Harry have aired here since the beginning of the decade! Even in the '90s they were airing BAD talk shows at that hour - Gordon Elliott, Bertice Berry and even Cristina Saralegui's short-lived English talk show (of course she had the Univision show for over 20 years) aired at 9AM.

Nothing for Seattle/Yakima yet...here, it's gotta be either KCYU or CW+ that takes it.

79 episodes for FOTB. Doesn't seem like enough. I still haven't seen a single promo for any new show. I do have a feeling that Face the Truth will replace the cancelled Harry on KIMA/KEPR as the umpteenth 9:00am show in the last 15-20 years. They can't seem to keep one show at that slot for more than a couple years at a time. From memory...America's Court, Anderson (+ the 'Live' version), The Test, Meredith Vieira and Harry have aired here since the beginning of the decade! Even in the '90s they were airing BAD talk shows at that hour - Gordon Elliott, Bertice Berry and even Cristina Saralegui's short-lived English talk show (of course she had the Univision show for over 20 years) aired at 9AM.

Fresh Off the Boat, while hasn't been sold into local syndication, was just sold to Freeform and UPtv for cable syndication.
http://blog.sitcomsonline.com/2018/07/fresh-off-boat-coming-to-freeform-and.html

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom